Chapter 5

I am about to get into the ring with Adam when I hear the door beep announcing someone's entrance. I look over. I drop my head when I see Blair.

[Start without me.]

I walk over to her. She smiles at me.

“Scout is going to kill you. Why are you here so early?”

I ask as I walk her upstairs to our new sitting area. It’s closed off to the gym members. It’s more of an employee break room but Scout and I are the only ones who work here. He has his office so the girls and I have taken over the space.

“I wanted to come in early and get a look at you and your new trainee.”

I roll my eyes.

“Where’s Serena?”

“She wasn’t feeling good so she is skipping.”

I nod and turn to look at what she is looking at. Adam is sparring with one of the other guys in the ring. A lot of the other members have paused their work outs to watch as well. I try to focus on his footwork. Usually I am the one sparring with him and I don’t get to notice every detail like I can from here. When they come to a stop we both turn around, leaning on the banister.

“So are we still going out tonight after class?” She asked.

“Yeah, looks like it might just be the two of us now.”

“That’s fine, those two are no fun anymore.” she laughs.

I lean and push her with my shoulder.

“You’re just jealous.” I tease.

“No, that’s you sweetheart. I am happily single.”

We laugh because we both know she is right.

“Well I’ve got to get back to work. Stay up here until class please.”

She sticks her tongue out at me but sits down on the couch. I walk down the stairs and return to the ring.

When we are finished Adam and I sit next to each other as we unwrap our hands.

[You got any plans tonight?] I ask him.

He shakes his head.

[Blair and I are going out if you want to join us]

I nod my head in Blair’s direction and Adam looks over at her. She is stretching, warming up for her class. He looks back at me.

[Are you sure?]

[Yeah, we are not that exciting but you should get out more.]

I don’t know where this is coming from. I hadn’t thought about inviting him before my hands started moving…but here we are. The thought of him going out with us made me excited for tonight. He shrugs.

[ok]

[just meet us here in about two hours.]

He stands and puts his bag over his shoulder before leaving. I walked over to Blair before starting class.

“Where’s Scout?” She asked.

“Went home to check on Serene. You ladies have me today. Oh and Adam is joining us tonight.”

Her smile grows. I walk to the front of the room and start class.

It literally takes Blair over an hour to get cleaned up and ready in the locker room. I just lay back on the couch and scroll through my phone while I wait. I hear the door open. Damn time. I think to myself. Then I hear the main entrance door sound off and I sit up quickly. I check myself once more before heading downstairs.

"Hey, I'm Blair."

I stop at the bottom of the stairs when I hear her greet him.

[A.d.a.m.] he spells it out for her.

Before I make my presence known I look him over. He looks good. He's in black dress pants and a gray short sleeve button up, with white sneakers. It all hugged his well defined body nicely, he was mouth watering…and I see this man without a shirt most days. Blair is going all out with very short high waisted black shorts, a crop top, and jacket. Don't forget the heels that make legs look a mile long. I feel a little underdressed in my boots, dark jeans, and black short sleeve button up. I run my fingers through my hair, fuck I'm nervous.

"And there's Warren. Are we good to go?" Blair asks, bringing all eyes on me.

[I’m ready when you are] I sign as I talk to Blair.

I know he can read lips but I know it's simple courtesy even though I’m not talking directly to him. I barely catch his mouth rise in the corner and I hope that means he realizes that. Blair’s phone pings, grabbing all of our attention.

"Our ride is here!"

When we get to the bar we get a table and order drinks. Blair is sitting between me and Adam. As he looks around at his new surroundings I can’t keep my eyes from looking at him. Blair pulls his attention back to her and starts asking him questions. Most of which I already know the answers to. Eventually our drinks arrive, I sit back and observe hoping to learn things I don’t know about him.

[How old are you?]

[I just turned 24.]

I already knew he was four years younger than me, so why does it hit harder when he tells her than when I read it off his paperwork? I glance out to the dance floor where a small group is starting to gather. It’s still early.

[Where are you from?]

[small town, up-state New York.]

This I didn’t know. I only knew he moved here from Boston, where he met Louis. It brings a lot of questions to mind. Adam glances over and catches me staring. God those blue eyes are mesmerizing. He looks back to Blair and takes a drink. My line of sight drops from his eyes to his lips pressed against the glass beer bottle. I have to readjust myself and look back out to the dance floor before my body gets too carried away.

It’s not enough so I stand and head off to the bar to order another round. As I wait I can’t help but to look back over at our table. From their signing I figure they must be talking about his tattoo. When the bartender places the drinks down I grab them and head back over.

[ok. It’s time to dance!]

Blair scurries out of the middle and makes her way to the dance floor. This is normal after she is about two or three drinks in. I sit down and hand Adam his drink. Now that Blair is gone we are sitting closer in the booth. I tell myself it's so I can see Blair on the dance floor better but deep down I know better. We sit in silence as I keep an eye on Bliar. She knows how to take care of herself but it’s just a part of me. I am very protective of my friends and family, especially the women. Adam gets my attention before signing.

[How long have you two been together?] he asks.

I look at him confused until it hits me that he means Blair.

[We aren’t together.]

His eyes go wide.

[Sorry, I just thought…you were together at the after party and you just seem close.]

I look out at Blair and smile.

[We are very close but Blair is like another sister to me. She is beautiful and funny but can piss me off on a daily basis.] I laugh.

He just nods. Blair makes her way back over and grabs Adam’s hand to stand up. She pulls him out to the dance floor. That’s how the rest of the night went. Blair continuously forced one of us to dance with her. Awkward silences when we were alone, with the occasional small banter. Both of us too sober to enjoy the night like Blair.

Although uneventful I am not ready for the night to be over when we get in the taxi. We drop Blair off at her apartment before the two of us are dropped back off at the gym. We are both sober to drive home. After watching him drive off I walk out to the docks and sit down looking out at the water. I let the day and the weeks play through my head. Everything to do with Adam. After tonight I know I am screwed. I have to move past this. I can’t let it get in the way of my training him.