Chapter 14

I wake up to the sun streaming through the curtains. Shit, did I sleep in? I check the time on my phone and take a deep breath when I realize I have three minutes until my alarm goes off. I might as well get up. I head straight to the coffee machine and start it up. I grab some eggs out of the fridge. I put some bread in the toaster. While I wait for the stove to warm up I figure I should ask Adam if he wants any. I knock on the guest room door. I don't hear anything so I open the door thinking he is still passed out. The bed is empty. I step inside the room and look around like he could be hiding. This room isn't big enough and why the hell would he be hiding? I walk outside to check the bathroom but the door is open and the lights are off. I notice his bag is also gone. 

Adam left. When, I don't know. Why, I don't know. I go back to making my breakfast. He probably just got up early to get to the gym. We are within walking distance to the gym so there was no reason to wake me. I don't know their schedule and after missing training for two days I'm sure Scout wants him back in there as soon as possible. I eat my breakfast faster than usual. I want to get to the gym. 

When I get to work I find myself stuck at the front desk all day. I try to focus on paperwork but I can't help but watch Adam and Scout train. He is doing so much better than when he first started here. And that's saying something because he was already good to start with. Adam once told me he didn't care for fighting professionally. When I first saw him fight was because he needed the money to rent a new place here in town after moving from Boston. I wonder if he will fight anymore after this weekend. 

When I'm not watching him I think about him. Thinking about what he did and said last night. His eyes when he touched my face. The soft, gentle caress to my cheek. I have to fight the urge to touch my face. 

When they are finally done I decide to walk over. 

[You are looking great up there. Scout will have you ready before Saturday's fight.]

Adam raises his eyebrows in surprise and then gives me a disgusted look. 

[Fuck off.]

He walks away from me. And I just stand here speechless. What the fuck did I do now?! 

"He's been going hard all day today. Even showed up early. How was your weekend together?" Scout asks as he walks up to me, still unwrapping his hands. 

So after passing out at my place like not even five hours before I got to work…Adam woke up, left my apartment as quickly as possible, and came here as soon as the doors were open. Since I don't answer, Scout keeps going.

"He seemed to have more fire today. Did you two get into it again?"

"No, he behaved."

It was actually the opposite we got along pretty well.

"How was the wedding?"

"Great! I am still a little shocked she went through with it. We had bets that she would run." I laugh.

"From what I know of her history I wouldn't have blamed her."

"Right, but I'm happy for them!" 

"So Adam still hates you. We were kind of hoping this weekend would work on that."

"I guess we hoped for too much." 

--------------

Adam is back to ignoring my existence. I act like I don't care because I shouldn't. But it frustrates me! I have moved past hurt and on to anger. Even more so at myself for giving him the ability to piss me off in the first place.