Author's Note

Wow 25 chapters...and no where never the end! And I planned for this to be a short story! I know these chapters tend to be short so it will read fast once finished. Sorry it is taking so long to post. I have a lot written down in my note book but finding time and inspiration to finially type it up and post it...is hard now that Im back at work. (I work in a school with 1st graders...its amazing and exhausting.)

I just wanted to take a pause and talk about this book.

YEARS ago I wrote a book called Silent Listener. It is on here if you wish to read it. Warren was the best friend, side character. But everyone loved him! Some asked for a story on him and so this book was born. He was very...bubbly and funny, the comic relief.

Some of you who read the first book might be wondering where that guy is because the main character in this book is not that guy.

Well...first he is growing up and Scout and Serena's relationship is showing him he is missing out and getting left behind. He is changing. Second, anyone who is or truly knows the "funny guy" you know its almost always only skin deep. The happiest people on the outside are usually the darkest on the inside. We are now seeing things from his pov not from the people around him.

Adam...oh how I love thee. I have soooo much back story its crazy. I try to fit in as much as I can without overwhelming the reader with info. Also there is so much pain and conflict inside him, past and present. He is truly a broken boy in a man's body. So much mental and physical self abuse is behind his curtain and from a very early age. You always hear about the parents who try to "beat the gay out" of their child...but in this case long before his parents even knew he was trying to beat it out himself.

Their relationship is a struggle for so many reasons.

Sign Language! I hope it reads well for you guys. At first I struggled with how to write it. I couldnt take the time to describe every hand and facial motion everytime someone signed. It would get too long and people who dont know ASL would be confused. Also I myself am bot fluent in ASL but I know enough. I know that ever word I type would not be signed. Simple as saying " Hi, my name is Erin." In ASL I woulf only sign [Hi, my/me name E.R.I.N.] Three signs and then letter spelling my name. But I found that doesn't read well and when you get in the bigger, long discussions it can get confusing for people who don't sign. I wanted it to be as reader friendly as possible. However!!! If someone who does sign have any advice just comment and let me know! Sometimes I think more facial and body language should be added to the signing but you guys let me know what you think!

I dont know if I mention where this book takes place but in the other book I state that they are in Portland, Maine. Adam grew up in Northern New York State somewhere. He later moved up the coast over the years from NYC, to Boston, and now Portland, ME. Warren grew up in Maine about 2hrs away from Portland.

My character inspiration! I use Pinterest for like 99% of it. If I'm ever having writer's block I go to my Physical Communication board. I know some readers after when writer's post photos because it takes away their own imagination to mentally see what is described. I go back and forth as a writer and reader.  If you love photos I will end with some...if you dont wish to tarnish your creative design I understand if you fly past them.

This is the guy I found that best fits how I see Warren

This is the guy I found that best fits how I see Warren. He is toned and covered in tattoos. Black hair. With a face that is some how hard and soft at the same time. Looks serious but like a smile is itching to escape. Someone who struggles with being the rock and the comic relief everyone else needs. And did I menton sexy!

I struggled to find an Adam

I struggled to find an Adam. I finally got stuck on Gavin Casalegno. He has that dark hair and piecing blue eyes that I needed for Adam. HOWEVER, he is far to thin. Adam would be smaller than Warren but not this small. Some of you might be think NO he is way to young...he isnt. Gavin is 23 in real life and Adam is 24.

~~~~~~~

I hope you are all enjoying the story and stick with me! If you have any questions, comments, or requests PLEASE don't be shy. I love hearing from the readers!

💚💜