Chapter 12

I was right. I was woken up to several voices talking in the kitchen bright and early.

“Uncle Warren!”

I barely have a second to move as my niece jumps on top of me. I reach around and tickle her.

"Where did you come from?" I ask.

"Aunt Kayla brought me." She says through fits of laughter. "So I can get ready with Mommy. I'm the flower girl!"

"Is that right?"

"Yep!"

I pick her up and carry her towards the voices in the kitchen. I am taken back when I see Adam sitting at the table with all four of my sisters.

"Good morning." Everyone looks at us.

"Did you wake up Uncle Warren?" Rebecca scolds her daughter.

"I was already awake when this little munchkin jumped on me." I tell her.

"Dang it…maybe next time." Cara says as Kate laughs in my arms.

"Cara!" Rebecca smacks her arm.

"Hey I wanted to draw on your face but that idea got vetoed due to the wedding."

I put Kate down and make myself a cup of coffee. If I'm going to deal with these crazies this early in the morning I need it. I turn around with my cup and lean back against the counter. It's not until this time that I notice Adam with a notebook. At first it seems odd. I've never seen him with one before. Until I realize he is using it to talk to my sisters. I am dumbfounded. I am a little mad and even a bit jealous. This man barely speaks to me, even before he found out I was gay, and here he is having a conversation with my sisters. I look at Cara and Holly who are practically drooling over him. They are the only two single or at least not married I should say. I can't keep track of their dating lives. I remind myself to make it clear to Adam again that my sisters are off limits.

I put my barely touched coffee on the counter and walk out of the kitchen. I head upstairs and decide to take a shower before the big day. When I'm done I come downstairs to find the kitchen and living room have become a beauty salon in the short time I was in the shower.

"Dad is outside waiting on you." Holly tells me as she does some weird twist with Kate's hair.

I say thanks and go find him. He is sitting on the porch.

"I was kicked out of my own home." He laughs.

"Holly said you were waiting for me. What's up?"

"We are going to the church to check on the set up and then I have to get suited up."

"Ok, I'm ready. Let me go get Adam."

"He knows. Told him to meet us out here after he got cleaned up."

I nod and sit down in a chair.

"So tell me about him."

I look at my dad and roll my eyes.

"There's nothing to tell."

"You bring a good looking guy home for a wedding, those are your mother's exact words. And yet you claim to hate one another. And there's a tension between you two that everyone can see a mile away. So…tell me about him."

I sigh. Now I know where my sisters get it from.

"We met at the gym. At first I thought he was just a little rough around the edges because he is deaf. I thought I could break through that wall. But he found out I was gay and stopped training with me. He is simply tolerating me right now."