• twelve •

FINALLY!!!
tried to make this chapter short but i think i got a lil carried away. however, i hope you guys enjoy it and it makes up for the time we've been without an update.
this feels so formal ugh. I'll stop talking now.
feel free to play the song at the " *"

Jailen

I squinted in annoyance, my hand immediately coming up to cover my face as the blackout curtains were pulled open and the sunlight brightened the room. I groaned, turning on my side, away from the window, and wrapping my arms tighter around Hayden, "Why?"

"Get up, baby," Harry said, his voice raspy from just waking up himself.

"Why?" I groaned again, this time loosening my arms from around my daughter as she squirmed, our voices waking her.

"Because, Jai," He said, his voice closer than before. The bed dipped behind me and I opened my eyes, looking over my shoulder to see that he had one knee propped up as he leaned over me. I held my breath as he reached past me and gently pushed Hayden's bonnet off of her eyes, "We have stuff to do, sweetie," he said, his voice deep and his words dragged out, "And it's almost noon."

I hummed. I couldn't remember the last time I slept past 9 am. It was definitely before Hayden was born. Probably before I met Harry, too.

I relaxed further into the mattress, my eyes shifting to stare up at Harry, only to realize that he was already staring down at me. I could still smell my body wash on him, but his sheets smelled like him, it was making me dizzy. His eyes were a clear green and his lips were swollen and naturally pouted, like they always are when he first wakes up. I used to love when the first thing he did was kiss me. I used to love the way his lips felt.

Absentmindedly, I licked my lips, not missing the way his eyes briefly darted to my mouth. His mouth twitched as if he wanted to smirk and there was a slight pressure in my lower stomach. He moved his hand to rest on my stomach, balancing himself, and even with the blanket separating the contact, I could still feel how prominent the heat from his body was.

Goosebumps rose on my skin and I swallowed a whimper.

What the fuck?

I cleared my throat and he tilted his head slightly, "Are you hungry, sweetie?"

And just as I went to respond, Hayden's head popped up and with her eyes still halfway shut, she coughed, "I am!"

Harry chuckled and I smiled, turning my head away from Harry and placing a kiss on Hayden's forehead, "What do you want for breakfast, munchkin?" He asked, reluctantly tearing his eyes off of me and finally focusing his attention on our daughter. He leaned over me some more, his chest brushing my arm and my heartbeat quickened as he gently lifted Hayden from the bed, "We could make pancakes?" Harry suggested as he climbed onto the bed completely, his knees in the mattress and the lower half of his body directly against my ass...

My chest constricted and I rolled my lips into my mouth to keep from choking out loud. Goosebumps rose on my skin, almost painfully as I glanced up at him.

I should've moved, got up from the bed and separated myself from Harry because it would've been the right thing to do. Because I am happily in a relationship with Lucas. Lucas...

I couldn't remember where I left my phone and I wasn't even sure if he had even attempted to contact me. He probably did, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to get up and go find my phone. Not when Harry was right behind me, his hand resting on my hip as he asked our daughter what she wanted for breakfast. Not when I was the most relaxed I've been in years...