• thirteen •

nothing too exciting is happening this chapter but here you guys go!
:)

Jailen

"No you fucking didn't!" Jason stared at me, his mouth wide open as he slammed the knife down on the countertop in disbelief.

"I did," I groaned from behind my hands, peeking through my fingers before I dropped my hands to the counter and sighed, "and i didn't hate it."

"Why would you?" He snorted, "Did you hate it when y'all were together?" He raised an eyebrow and waited for me to answer. But when I didn't, that was all the confirmation he needed, "Exactly." 

I rolled my eyes and chewed on the inside of my cheek, "But we aren't together. I'm with Lucas." I frowned, hating that I haven't spoken to him in days because I needed space.

That's what I told him four days ago. The moment I left Harry's house, I texted Lucas. I told him that I didn't appreciate the way he spoke to me the day before and that I thought it was best if he left me alone to get over it. While it was true, it was also the perfect excuse. 

I also haven't spoken to or seen Harry since then, which was also annoying me more than I cared to admit.

Hayden was asking about him, though. And the only thing I could tell her was that he was busy. I didn't wanna text him. It was fucking selfish and I felt horrible.

"If it's any consolation, I never liked Lucas, so I'm not gonna tell you that you shouldn't have done it. Besides," Jason glanced over at the kitchen door as his husband walked in, his smile widening across his face, "Everyone cheats sometimes. Ain't that right, baby?"

His husband, Nick raised an eyebrow as he walked closer, sitting his briefcase on the counter before reaching up and smacking Jason in the back of his head, "I just got home. Do not piss me off." He leaned forward and kissed Jason's cheek before he turned his attention to me, "You cheated on Lucas, yet?"

I groaned and Jason cackled, taking the chopped vegetables and throwing them into the skillet. Nick and Jason were never fans of Lucas. From the moment they met him, they claimed he had "weird energy". They never elaborated on it but they also never hesitated to remind me how much they hated him.

"With who?" Nick chuckled and sat across from me, "Was he cute? Was she cute?"

I opened my mouth to respond but Jason beat me to it, "Her baby daddy. And he is fine as hell."

"Jason," Nick warned without even looking over his shoulder and even though Nick couldn't see him, Jason raised his hands in surrender, his shoulders shaking as he laughed silently.

I snorted, "He's Hayden's father. And he is cute, I guess."

"You guess?" Nick asked and I nodded. "Jailen, if he were just cute, you wouldn't have had a baby by that man." I went to defend myself but once again, I was cut off, "And you wouldn't have let him fuck you again after, what? three years?"

"Four," Jason corrected and I glared at the back of his head.

"Four years," Nick confirmed and I shifted my glare to him.

"Y'all aren't helping," I deadpanned but they just shrugged, "To be fair, Hayden wasn't supposed to be here. I was on birth control when Harry and I were... talking,"

"Ha!" Jason said sarcastically but I ignored him.

"I got my IUD taken out like the day before, I think. So, that wasn't intentional, by the way! And I didn't let him fuck me. He just ate me out... that's it."