• thirty-one •

| Jailen |

Harry had been staring at us the entire night and I was certain that the glass in his hand would break any second. Peyton remained beside him though, trying her hardest to get him to engage in whatever she was saying and he'd respond sometimes, giving her one-word answers or short nods.

I admired the girl. She was resilient and bounced back every time with a smile and a different conversation, even after she and I would lock eyes and she'd scowl at me as if I was her enemy.

I lost count of how many drinks Zayn and Niall had ordered and as I finished the last of the previous order, I raised my hands in surrender, "I'm done!" I declared, "I've had enough." I huffed out, knowing that I'd take another shot if it were offered to me.

"You did good, pretty girl!" Zayn grinned, ducking down and placing a kiss on my lips. I leaned into him, smiling against his lips.

Niall reached behind me, his chest brushing against my shoulder as he grabbed a cup and brought it in front of me, "Drink some water."

He lifted the cup to my lips and I wrapped my lips around the rim, holding eye contact and swallowing the water slowly. When he pulled the cup away, I opened my mouth, sticking my tongue out, "See, all done." God, I had had too much to drink.

Niall smiled, a crooked smile that made butterflies erupt in my lower stomach, "Let me just make sure," He hummed, his hand coming up to cup my jaw. I kept my mouth open, giggling as he leaned in and "inspected" my mouth. He ran his thumb along my chin before he slipped it against my tongue. I closed my lips as best as I could around his thumb and he tilted his head back slightly, a pleased look on his face.

Zayn slid in closer to me, "Harry's watching," he mumbled against the shell of my ear and I could feel his smile as he placed his hand on my stomach, sliding it down so that it rested right above my cunt.

Niall leaned in closer, his mouth hovering over mine, his hand still cupped around my chin.

I smiled, "He might beat your ass," I said, referring to Harry because, from my peripheral vision, I could see him stand to his feet.

"If I get to kiss you, it's worth it," Niall mumbled.

I barely got the chance to nod completely before Niall's lips were on mine. Immediately, our tongues pressed against each other's and we moaned. Zayn kissed my cheek, chuckling softly. It felt like minutes, hours even as I lifted my hand and wrapped it around the back of Niall's neck but it couldn't have been longer than five seconds before Niall was ripped away from me.

It happened so quickly. Niall was still smiling as he raised his hands in surrender. Harry was fuming, his breathing heavy as he raised his fist, hitting NIall hard enough to make his head snap to the left.

Zayn cackled as Niall snorted, obviously finding this funny and I couldn't help the smile that found its way onto my lips.

Harry looked over at me, "Let's fucking go!"

He grabbed my arm, once again yanking me out of my little corner and pulling me through the crowd. I turned around, tugging my arm in his hold, "Bye, Niall! Bye, Zayn!'

"See you later, pretty girl!" Zayn called back.

"Bye, Jailen!" Niall grinned, even though Harry had split his lip.

"Fuck off!" Harry yelled, pulling me harder and away from them.

I stumbled to keep up with him, his rough actions causing me to sober up almost immediately. However, I still couldn't keep myself from giggling as Harry practically lifted me off of my feet from how hard and fast he was pulling me.