28.

All the people sitting in the conference room were either shivering or sweating out of fear sensing the foul mood of Abhimaan who sat there with his jaw clenched.

"A-and t-his w-as our p-presentation." A man in his early twenties ended his presentation stuttering in fear.

"3 hours." Abhimaan stated in a calm yet cold voice.

"You wasted my 3 hours for this fucking presentation which is nothing but a piece of trash." He raged throwing the papers on the ground.

Now that person is visibly shaking and sweating.

Ayaan and Yuvaan gulped and shared a look to each other seeing his foul mood.

But when he is not like this?

Oh yeah! With Arshita.

But today she's the reason of his mood.

Why?

She has gone to her father's house and it's been 3 days.

3 days of fucking hell for him.

Yes! they facetime and call each other but it's been 3 days since he held her in his arms or kissed her.

And moreover she's not answering his calls from last night.

He has called her so many times that he lost the count. Sent her countless messages but only a small reply came and nothing else.

'I'm fine.'

This is what she texted him.

And after that nothing else.

Storming out of the conference meeting room, he entered his office and threw the first thing on floor that was a pen stand.

Running a hand in his hands, he tried to calm himself down by taking deep breaths.

Suddenly a knock came and when the person entered, he was none other than his secretary.

Abhimaan raised his eyebrow asking him to which he stuttered "S-sir, today's m-meeting got canceled."

"And why?" Abhimaan's cold voice asked as he cracked his knuckles.

Seeing him, his secretary could only gulp and adjust his glasses before answering
"The client just i-informed that they wouldn't be able to make it here. They'll come tomorrow."

Listening to him, Abhimaan's nostrils flared in anger and he answered shouting making him flinch "Tell them, they don't need to come here anymore. Because the deal is cancelled."

His secretary could only nod getting out of the office in order to not anger his boss more.

Abhimaan pulled out his phone and called Rudra to ask about his wife because she's clearly not answering his calls and just replying on texts in one or two words.

After two rings, his call got answered.

"Hello-" Rudra got rudely cut off when Abhimaan asked in his usual stern voice.

"Where's Arshu?"

"U-um...she's in her room." Rudra answered.

"And why she's not answering my calls?"

"Maybe she's busy." Rudra answered trying to be confident but Abhimaan sensed his fishy tone knowing that something is not right.

"I'm coming there." Abhimaan stated and was about to cut the call when Rudra almost shouted in hurry.

"No, don't come here."

Abhimaan noticed his panic voice before asking "And why? How dare you to deny me from meeting my wife?"