🌿5

5:15 p.m. ...

I've been checking the time every now and then.

But still no sign of him...

'Aish why are waiting for him? He just made a pun of you dumbass.' I mentally slapped myself for thinking so much about him.

But after five more minutes, the bell chimed.

And he entered. For real.

He saw me and gave me one of his angelic smiles.

'...oh god. No. Park Haeyoon no. Calm your shit down. He's just a boy. A stranger. Don't blush. Don't.' I continued to repeat the words in my mind as I smiled at him.

'He is just a stranger. I won't fall for him.'

|•|

~[JOSHUA]

I didn't even realize I had dozed off in middle of watching the kdrama. When I woke up, the kdrama had already ended and various advertisement and commercials were coming up.

I turned off the TV and checked the time on my phone.

"Holy shit!" I cursed loudly for I realized it was already 5 pm.

I quickly changed into a brown hoodie and light yellow trousers paired with sneakers and set out.

...

5:20 p.m.

I finally made it.

As soon as she saw me she smiled widely.

'I guess she enjoys herself here.' I thought as I walked over to the counter.

It wasn't crowded but also wasn't deserted like in the morning. 5-6 people were there.

"Hi." She said softly yet cheerfully. It was nothing like her voice when she was in school.

"Hi."

"So uhm...what would you like to order? I-I hope you're comfortable with me not calling you s-sir...we already know each other so-" she was saying without even looking at me as she typed something on the tab.

Without making the situation any more awkward, I instantly cut her off.

"Oh no no it's alright! Um...I'll have a normal cappuccino please."

"Okay. Anything else?"

"No."

"Alright, a normal cappuccino coming right up. Please take a seat while you wait."

"I'd rather chat with you rather than take a seat and get bored."

"Uh-I'm s-sorry what?"

"Nothing. Since how long have you been working here?"

"Me? O-oh like 2 months now."

"I see. It's rare to see high-schoolers having jobs. What about your parents thought about your job?"

"O-oh th-they are perfectly f-fine with my decision. Th-they said to sort something out myself so yeah..."

Even though she replied as happily as she could, there was an audible sadness in her tone. I could sense it very well because I too use that strategy to protect myself always. My curiosity was eating me up to know her secret but ultimately I chose not to give in to it because afterall, I was a stranger to her.