🌿18

2 days later...

~[JOSHUA]

After that day I stopped talking to Haeyoon altogether.

I figured out that it's better to approach her once the coast was clear rather than making multiple failed attempts because it might make our situation a lot more saltier than it already was.

And also because, I was hurt.

I had been crying up and throwing tantrums to myself since that day as I literally pledged to never look at her face again and even to forget her existence. But the very next moment conscience slapped bringing me back to reality as I pondered that this stupidity of mine is exactly the same to what Jeonghan did. I would get swayed away by thoughts thus preventing me from getting to the actual point and she would continue living a lie once again, for jesus knows how long.

Which brings me to my next point, that is, about Yerin. I was honestly taken aback by the fact that she didn't complain to her dad because my dad hasn't said anything to me about it yet which is quite concerning, if you take a deeper look into it.

Her moves are not sitting right with me.

For some unknown reason, I'm having a hunch that she is plotting something against her.

It could be a one-one attack from both sides or a double attack. I don't know which one it is.

I was sitting in the library mindlessly flipping the pages of some random book as my mind pondered over various things.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked to see Jun chewing something.

"Woah Joshua, are you a bookworm too?" Jun said as he pulled out a chair beside me, a bit loudly though.

"Not really, just killing some time. Also, keep your volume down. This is a library." I said reminding him.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that."

"Hm so...what brings you here? And what are you masticating by the way?"

"Hey! I'm having lemon candies! I understand you can't stand lemon flavour but you can't disrespect my candies like that!" He humphed.

Gosh, make him an ambassador for some lemon candy brands already.

"Aish, sorry sorry." I laughed softly.

He bobbed his head and said, "So what's the beef between you and Jeonghan this time?"

I dropped my back over the chair as I slammed the book over my face and said groaningly, "Jesus, not him again-"

"No no, I mean I'm aware of everything. It's just that uh..." He played off his words.

"That what? Speak up Jun."

"I mean um...how are you so sure that all of this is a lie?" He said looking directly into my eyes.

"What do you mean? Elaborate your point."

"I mean how are you so sure that Haeyoon didn't ditch the presentation herself? It might-"

"How is Jeonghan so sure of his views, or let's say, others' views, huh? Explain this to me. I'm all over the ears." I retorted back.

He stayed silent.

"She was his what again? Childhood best friend and crush, right? Honestly speaking, I never knew the definition of best friend was so cheap for him. It sucks to even look at him." I slammed shut the book and got up, "...and thank god she didn't end up with a boyfriend like him." I murmured out the last words.