🌿15

A week later...

A week passed.

A week has passed ever since Seolhyun's arrest.

So much happened during this week.

Jeonghan and I became friends once again in the most unexpected way while Joshua and I, we are still friends, I guess.

I don't know why he is ignoring me ever since that day. Well, it'll be wrong to say ignore, it will be more precise if I say that he has been talking less with me.

He still does come to the café, except for mornings and even when he comes he just simply orders his usual and sits at a table scrolling through his phone, without showing the slightest interest to indulge in a small talk with anyone.

And even his visits have become irregular.

His replies turned colder, the other day when Jeonghan asked me to join them for lunch before I could say anything, Joshua gave the reply on behalf of me, "We can't sit with girls. And if you guys insist on her, I'm out."

I did not expect this from him. The others present there were shocked as well. Someone was about to say something else but I deliberately agreed to Joshua's decision with the excuse that I had stuffs to do so I won't be able to join them.

I had approached him a number of times asking the reason behind the sudden change in his behaviour yet he would turn me away with weird-ish replies like, "busy", "studying", "phone was silent." etc.

Today is the day we have to turn in our projects. I skipped the morning shift today only to arrive at school on time.

My mind stopped wandering about the various things I was thinking of when suddenly I heard footsteps stop in front of me.

Realising it was him, my lip corners unknowingly curved up.

I patted his shoulder gently. He turned around giving me a raised-eyebrow look.

"Hey um...I got this for you. I realized you're missing your morning shots of caffeine. Here, take it."

He stared at the coffee milk I bought for him for a second or two.

"Thanks but no. I'm doing good without caffeine."

"But-"

"Alright since you love to nag so much I'll take it." He took the carton and kept it on his table.

I was hurt by his tone of reply but kept it to myself. Instead I smiled trying to think that finally he accepted it.

I was about to ask him or the least, try to talk to him but stopped when I saw Jeonghan hopping his way up to his seat beside me like a chicken.

"Hoi! You're ready for the presentation? I heard it's gonna be in the second half." Jeonghan asked as he dropped his ass next to my seat.

"Yeah but I'm nervous.." I said fidgeting with my fingers.

"Hey man, you're gonna ace it. I know."

"What if I can't?"

"Not a biggie. We'll just scratch up something else then."

I smiled. He has been supportive to me ever since then.

It's like, Joshua and Jeonghan have had a personality swap, if it were to say.

"Haeyoon-ah, I was wondering if you would continue to sit here after this..."