🌿10

Trigger warning : // Tiger parenting.

____________________________________________________________________

The stone fell off my hands with a loud thud which made him look towards my direction.

"Ah welcome home my son. Come inside." even though he tried to sound sweet it actually ended up being a sarcasm.

"D-dad..? B-but you didn't tell me-"

"So you mean I need to get your permission beforehand to get inside my own home now?"

"N-no dad! I-I didn't say that. It's just that I'm uh..just surprised-"

"Surprise~! Are you happy now? Now please be a sweetie and close that door, mhm?"

I nodded my head and began chewing on my lips as I turned around to lock the door.

Arson mode activated.

I began thinking of the worst he could do to me.

"Now take a seat and answer truthfully to what I'll be asking you."

I nervously sat on the velvet sofa facing his as I waited for him to speak.

"Look straight into my eyes and answer me. Where were you?"

I took a hard gulp before answering.

I should have seen it coming.

Looking up to him, I answered without stuttering, "At my classmate Junhui's house."

I don't know why I said no one but his name.

Maybe because it was easy to pronounce.

"What for?"

I pursed my lips. I can neither tell him for studying purposes nor for playing games.

For he believes that helping and spending time with others distracts one from academics.

"What the hell are you thinking !? Speak up!" I flinched as his roars suddenly hit my ear canals.

"Oh uh..yeah...for uh.. for...-"

"For!? Are you retarded in speech!!?"

"For the partner project. Our teacher assigned it to us on Friday."

I swallowed my insult as I said that excuse.

"I see. Ring him up."

"W-what?" I swear I turned pale as a ghost at this point.

"Ring. him. up. I guess I am audible enough to you."

"B-but dad d-don't you think i-its a little uh...l-late? Jun said h-he dines e-early-"

"Oh really? Then he should have thought it must be late for you as well. But you arrived here exactly...15 minutes ago." he said glancing over his rolex.

A moment of silence.

"Ring him up. I do not want to repeat myself anymore."

I gingerly took my phone out and searched for his contact. My hands turned ice cold as I debated on whether to really call him or not.