🌿7

A week later...

Ever since the talk of that day, Haeyoon and I became good friends. We always hang around together, though she never joined me during lunch hours because of the presence of Jeonghan. She knew how much the boy hates her so she chose not to mess to with him unnecessarily. She told me that during that time she either sleeps in the class or goes to the library so I was not that much worried about leaving her alone. Except for that, it's always either us meeting up in her café or texting each other and sending random memes.

Of course, our friendship had barely got any support as expected. Numerous obstacles and distractions collided us for example in the form of Jeonghan and his friends, Haeyoon's manager Seolhyun and last but not the least, our class president, Seo Yerin.

Haeyoon was genuinely scared of them. But finding me by her side everytime she was kind of relieved.

Right now we're sitting in the class, chatting about random topics while waiting for our teacher to enter.

As for my seatment, well, I decided to sit permanently beside her, or atleast again before any changes are made.

"...but brown and pink colour combination doesn't sound that nice as black and white.." she said chewing, practically feasting on her nails, not looking at me.

"Tsk, black and white is such a common combination now. You should try out something new with all colours. Create your own-" I got interrupted with sound of the door sliding open.

I sat straight to face the front when Mrs Hwang entered the class.

"Good morning class. I have an announcement to make so please be attentive to what I'll be saying." she said, making all of us, turn to look at each other and whisper about what the announcement could be about.

"Okay, so since the summer break is in about three weeks from today so I'll be assigning you a project to be worked in pairs. The topic of the project is KOREAN HISTORY and you'll be pointing out the details, characteristics, flow etc. that is your project should be detailed with information when it is put on for presentation. Your deadline will be next week Friday. And the worst part for many of you is that, this time I get to select the partners for you and not you guys yourself."
a synchronous groan was heard when she said the last line.

"Okay silence please. I'm calling out the names and you guys may exchange your seats for your partners and start working on your ideas after I'm done. Okay first we have, Jaehyun and Heeseung..." she called out the names while we waited patiently for us to be called.

After some time our names were finally called out but there stood a problem.

"Jeonghan and Haeyoon. And lastly, Yerin and Joshua."

"WHAT!?" I snapped out instantly as I stood up from my seat on hearing my name.

Haeyoon tried to calm me down by pulling my sleeve, trying to make me sit back.

"Sit quietly Mr. Hong. Do not repeat this again. I do not condone such behaviour in my class."

"But ma'am-"

"I ask you one last time. Sit down and stop shouting, Joshua Hong."

"Psst Joshua, sit down. It's alright..." Haeyoon softly whispered out to me.

I had no choice but to sit back down.

"This is unbelievable! This is a fucking set-up man..!" I whisper-shouted to her while sitting back.

"I know, but we're helpless, Joshua. Shouting and screaming we'll get us to nothing."

Turning my body completely towards her, I asked her gently, "Will you be okay with Jeonghan, Yoonie-ah?"