🌿17

I checked my wrist watch and sighed.

5:32 p.m.

The bell of the café chimed signalling my presence inside the café.

It was honestly quite hard to show up after what happened between us earlier.

The fact that I didn't have enough money to even get her anything as an apologetic gesture made it even harder.

Shamelessly I went over to the counter of the thinly-packed shop but before I could place an order I heard a female voice screeching out my name.

Being surprised I turned out only to find the person I wanted to see the least at that moment.

There was Yerin, sitting at a table and waving her hands high up in the air at me.

From a part-time girlfriend to a full-time stalker? Pfft.

"Joshua!! Why are you still standing over there? Come here! I already saved you a seat!!"

I shook my head and trotted over to the table to avoid the stares I was already receiving from others.

I pulled out the chair and sat in front of her. Interlocking my palms, I put them over the wooden table in front of my face as I looked out of the window and asked irritatingly, "What brings you here now?"

"Huh? What did you just say?"

"Why did you come?"

"Oh." she paused for a moment and spoke again, "Why? Didn't you want to see your girlfr-"

"It's not like that! Not everything is about you! I need some space too. You can't just keep appearing in every damn place I go to! Do you get that?!"

"Oh so you mean you need space from me huh?? What's your problem Joshua? Why do you always avoid me and take a chance for that scum!"

"Oh man not this hysteria again..." I threw my back over the chair.

"You're in a relationship yet you don't wanna see your girlfriend's face! What are you even-"

"Your order." The voice of the waitress interrupted us which I'm highly thankful for.

I looked over to the waitress for the voice was one of those I yearned to hear.

She had the same nonchalancy in her face as her voice.

But my eyes suddenly popped out when I saw the number of food items she was placing on our table.

"Wait a minute. A-are you sure you got the correct order? I mean we haven't ordered anything yet..."

She stopped placing the plates and listened carefully. For a moment she paused before pulling out a receipt and saying out aloud, "One chocolate milkshake, one love frappe, a slice of berry cream cake, cream cookies and two sugar pretzels. Ordered by Ms. Seo Yerin. That's what it says over here."

"What the hell?! Yerin did you order all these? Seriously!?"

"Why? Can't you even pay for me? I even ordered you a milkshake and you can't even do that! What a miser you are, oh my god!" She folded her hands over her chest dramatically and looked away, but that wasn't any of my concern.

I instantly facepalmed forgetting everyone's presence.

Who the fuck gave her birth in the first place?