🌿13

~[JOSHUA]

Placing her carefully on the bed, I pulled the duvets over her.

I sat down on the chair beside her bed and let out a sigh, as I watched her sleep.

It had been a rough day for her.

'...y-yes my parents allowed me to work.'

So that's why she stuttered.

She never told anyone anything about her fear or pain, just kept going on with the tough image.

Subconsciously my hand made its way to her forehead as I brushed away the few strands of hair covering her face.

I looked out of the window to clear my mind by watching the heavy showers as those poisonous words ringed in my ears.

Seolhyun wanted to cut me out of her life too.

My eyes travelled back to her only to watch her sleeping face.

Tears had formed deep black channels on her soft pale cheeks. My thumbs gently brushed away the last drops of it lingering on them.

My hands automatically trailed down to hold her hands.

...cut him off her life...

My eyes shut off as those five words began to play on my mind on repeat.

I will never let you go Yoonie.

I will never let anything happen to you.

I will not commit my mistakes again.

You're unique, you're innocent, you're precious...to me.

I will protect you no matter what.

I jolted my eyes open as the sudden strike of thunder hit my eardrums.

I looked at her again.

Her eyes were closed, lips slightly parted as if the thunder hadn't even existed.

How can someone morph into a princess while they are asleep?

I was smiling like an idiot when suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

'...must be Jeonghan.' I went downstairs to receive him.

Opening the door, to find him standing totally drenched, his face locked to the ground.

But then to my utter surprise, he hugged me so tightly all of a sudden like there's no tomorrow.

I heard his sobs and sniffs as his tears continued to wet my shoulders.

"Shh Han... don't cry anymore. Everything will be alright now." I soothed into his ears while gently rubbed his back in order to calm him down.

But it wasn't working. Pulling him inside I made him sit on the couch as I continued hugging him.

He might not be my best friend but he too kept everything to himself for 6 years.

He lost his sister.

He lost his friends.

He lost her trust.

He lost his love.

Yet still he tries to make everyone laugh, even though his jokes might be a bit uncanny.

He slowly broke off the hug and almost whisperingly asked me, "H-how's she..?"