🌿16

~[JOSHUA]

Not every day is a sweet candy in one's life. The tang and spiciness sometimes hits your buds so much that you have to squeeze shut your eyes.

I used to tell myself that saying "thank you" is so tough but now after receiving the coffee milk pack I realized not saying it either was tougher.

I used to think, keeping the gentleman image was nerve-wrecking but I realized keeping the fake cold guy image sucked a lot more.

If it were not for me agreeing to sit beside this bitch, none of it would have happened.

If it were not for me approving Yerin being a known acquaintance to me, none of it would have happened.

Who would have known that out of the whole judacious monstrosity my dad and Yerin's dad were business partners? And the worst part, who would have thought that business partners wanted to continue their partnership so far as to involve their children in this hellhole?

There was a lot to tell her, to chat with her but I forced myself to zip up my tongue.

Or else, things might take a harsher turn and I cannot bear to stand it.

I'm still not over the first blow of it.

"Hey, are you even listening?" Yerin's voice brought me out of my mind bubble.

"Oh yeah, um sorry. Here take it." As much as I hated it, I gave her the milk pack that Haeyoon gave to me earlier.

"Ooh did you get it for me? Joshua you're the best-"

"It's actually from Haeyoon but I don't like coffee milk so you can take it. Or if not, feel free to throw it in the trash can." I tried to sound as nonchalantly as possible yet being severely hurt inside by my own actions.

Like a time frame, I saw the smile on her face falter at the mention of Haeyoon.

"Oh okay, um thanks." I noticed her roll her eyes away as she took the carton.

My temple was having a mild ache as I stressed myself over all this.

"Haeyoon-ah, I was wondering if you would continue to sit here after this..." I heard Jeonghan's voice from behind.

My headache increased while my jaw tightened.

I know I assured him that if he still got feelings for her he can pursue them but deep within it was the last thing I wanted him to do.

I know I was being selfish but my gut feeling told me it was right.

Without waiting for her reply I turned to Yerin and asked her, for I was quite sure for some reason that Haeyoon would sit beside Jeonghan.

"Yerin do you mind if I sit here after the project submission?"

Her eyes glittered at my question as she vigorously nodded her head and replied, "Absolutely not! I would love it!"

Tsk whatever. I don't love it.

And the next moment was a moment of dismay for me.

I eavesdropped on their conversation as I heard Haeyoon saying, "I'd appreciate it. But I enjoy sitting alone so no, I won't sit here anymore."

to which Jeonghan said, "Are you sure? If it's because of Vernon then I can ask him to-"

"No no it's alright! You don't have to ask him anything." She cut him off and gave her final reply.