🌿6

TIME SKIP~NEXT MORNING

Right now I'm walking towards the café. Since last night I've been getting these weird giddy feeling of texting her.

What a creep I must be.

I entered the café. The smell of fresh coffee beans hit my nose as I looked at her.

She smiled at me as soon as she saw and I did so in return.

"You are a big coffee addict, aren't cha?" she said noting down my order.

"Well maybe, I guess so, haha!"

"I see. Your regular?"

"Yes please."

"Alright. Give me a few minutes."

"Yeah sure."

The silence filled the deserted shop.

"Hey by the way, what were you asking about my previous school yesterday?"

"Huh? O-oh yeah! I was asking Hanlim is a great school too. So what's your reason for the sudden transfer from there?"

For a minute I stayed silent. Turning my head to some random direction I answered her.

"My dad. I don't know anything more than this."

"Huh? What do you mean by 'don't know' ?"

"I don't know why dad took the decision! I was doing perfectly fine over there! I don't know what's his fucking problem with me damn." she flinched as I realized I had unnecessarily raised my voice a bit too much.

"Sorry I just snapped out-"

"No no it's okay! I understand. Frustration makes us snap out sometimes. Your coffee by the way." she was shaking as she passed me the cup.

"Thanks. But sorry tho." I said as I placed the money on the counter.

"Hey it's alright. Have a seat. Wanna talk it out with me? And by the way, keep your money. This one's on me." she gave me a wide smile as she pushed back the money and walked towards a table.

"Huh?? What do you mean?? Why all of a sudden?" My brain still can't process what just happened as my eyes followed her.

Is she for real????????

"It's just a little favour I like to do for my friends. Now here." she motioned me to sit on the opposite chair.

"Okay, if you say so...your manager isn't here by the way right?" I asked sitting on the chair.

"No isn't here but will be coming in a few minutes. Although I never witnessed her arriving on time." she rolled her eyes.

"Wow...what a cool manager." I said sarcastically to which she laughed off.

"You look a bit tired tho, got no sleep, buddy?"

"U-uh n-no I mean..y-yeah, j-just finishing s-school works you know...haha!" she said with so much stuttering.

Weird. Very weird. And awkward indeed.

"Uh...you sure you're good buddy? You sounded so off-ish..."

"Yes for sure! Why did you come the way to Korea all the way from LA?"

"Oh my dad's company opened a new branch here and he was made manager of this branch. So yeah. Though, my mom, my sister and me didn't want to accompany him but who cares. And here we are today."