Chapter 3.5

The shelves towered above her, filled with countless volumes of knowledge and history. Eira took a deep breath, savoring the familiar scent of parchment and ink. She began to search for the volumes she needed, scanning the spines for any sign of the information she sought.

As she searched, she could feel eyes watching her every move, and she knew that she was being closely monitored. She felt like she was being scrutinized and judged for every book she picked up and flipped through. She could almost hear the whispers of disapproval that seemed to follow her around the library.

Despite the uncomfortable atmosphere, Eira continued her search. She had a feeling that the information she needed was close, and she wasn't going to give up until she found it.

Suddenly, Eira felt a strange sensation wash over her, and she froze in her tracks. She felt a gentle tug, pulling her toward one of the far corners of the library.

Without hesitation, Eira followed the pull. She weaved her way through the maze of shelves, feeling the sensation grow stronger with every step she took. It was like an invisible force was leading her to exactly where she needed to go.

As she turned the final corner, she saw a book sitting on a pedestal in the center of a small alcove. It was bound in leather and had intricate gold lettering on the cover. Eira felt a thrill of excitement run through her - this had to be it.

She stepped closer to the book, and as she did, she felt the presence of the goddess Sif. Even though she couldn't see her, Eira knew that Sif was guiding her to the book.

With trembling hands, Eira opened the book to a random page. There, in front of her, was a passage that seemed to jump off the page. It was a prophecy about the Loréil Tome, and Eira felt her brows scrunch together.

The Loréil Tome was a myth, nothing more than an ancient artifact that scholars claimed had been lost to time.

She had a sudden realization - this was what Sif had been warning her about. The Loréil Tome was dangerous, and she needed to find a way to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Eira's heart raced with anticipation as she delved deeper into the book's pages, her fingers trailing over the ancient parchment. She read about the tome's supposed power, said to be capable of reshaping the very fabric of reality itself.

She paused as the text began talking of a great prophecy about the war that would break out over the tome's possession. Well, the Light Elves sure loved their melodramatics. Of course, there was a prophecy.

But where could she find the tome? Eira furrowed her brows in frustration, knowing that she would need more information. She searched through the pages of the book, hoping to find some clues, but to no avail.

Eira's frustration mounted as she realized the information she needed was not in this volume. She slammed the book shut and sighed in defeat. As she turned to leave, she noticed an apprentice librarian watching her with a curious expression.

"Is everything all right?" she asked, her voice tentative.

Eira hesitated, unsure if she should confide in someone whose master she had been so hostile to her earlier. But desperation pushed her to speak. "I'm trying to find information about the Loréil Tome," she said. "It's a matter of great importance, and I need to find it as soon as possible."

The apprentice's expression softened, and she nodded slowly. "I see. Well, I may be able to help you," she said, gesturing for her to follow her.

Eira was taken aback by her sudden change in attitude, but she followed her through the winding shelves until they reached a section on the history of Aerindir.