3- Sisu

Madina left the building with her brows knitted together thinking about where the hell she's heard that name Captain Louis talked about with so much respect. Why was he excited that she was going to work for such a respectable man? Because she doesn't know him?

She could count with one hand how many successful people there are in Abuja that she doesn't know of. How did this certain Bilal slip away from her grasp and why so much reverence from Captain Louis?

What does he do with that security company of his? She's heard about so many people hiding behind a business name when that is really not what they do. She's been with a lot of them and heard them talking about so many illegal stuff, it never bothered her as long as her surfeit share is by the side.

Bobbing her head to 'A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton' she stopped herself last minute from searching him up on internet because then, she won't be able to find out everything she wants. She will go home first before she browse her new boss all over the internet and know every single thing about the person she will be dealing with.

First, she's going to take this new uniform of hers to get it fitted. She's not going to wear that baggy thingy Captain Louis gave her like he had no eyes. That was the last set with him, she'd give him that excuse.

She only wanted to get her job, go back home and laze around for the rest of the day. Something Madina never thought she would look forward to. Especially after how so many things had changed since Mariam got married. She became so busy she could not rest a day in her own home.

Parking outside a plaza, Madina took the clothing bag and went inside to get them furnished.

Her expression immediately hardened when she saw a few people she recognized from Instagram. They are now desperately trying to get to the top tier rank since Mariam is out of the picture.

Obviously, no one is going to come close to what Mariam was when she took the reigns but they are trying their hardest to at least get known all over Abuja. Since Madina is now thinking about concentrating on aviation, they are going to try reaching up that pinnacle. She despise every single one of them for competing with her.

She was meant to stop at the first store but seeing the sleazy whores, she held her head up high and continued walking down the plaza to another store by the corner where fortunately, there won't be other hoes seeking attention. But she was not lucky enough for one of them gasped and hurried to tell the others who she was.

For goodness sakes, she is wearing a fucking sunglasses!

Three girls in jeans and t-shirt came to surround her like she is some celebrity. Normally, no one would approach them when Mariam is present but since she is alone, they think they now have a chance with her. With a hardened expression, she refused to lower her RayBan sunglasses and instead stared them down through it.

She also refused to talk first and waited for them to start. They all look and reek dejection.

"Hi! We are a huge fan of yours, Maddy." The first one grinned, showing her cream teeth with gap teeth.

Madina recoiled not because of her teeth but the atrocious smell coming from her mouth. Do people still have mouth odor in this era? She wondered with deep brows beneath her sunglasses while moving a step back.

The other one by her left took over. "Can we please have your phone number so we can talk sometime? We have a lot of questions."

Not waiting for the last one to also chirp in her request, Madina sidestepped them and gave a curt shake of her head from left to right.

"No, you cannot have it. Have a nice day."

Now she gets why Mariam had always maintained her cool when in presence of people like them.