16- Alexithymia

Peru.

Madina loves Peru from the bottom of her cracked heart.

It's been four days and she hasn't seen Bilal because she's been avoiding the bee like a plague. Why wouldn't she? She's seen just how dangerous he could be and the private investigator she's hired made her more unhinged. She's underestimated wholly underestimated Bilal.

That isn't what made Peru push up to her top three favorite places in the world. No. It was the many great historical places, amazing food that made her drool embarrassingly in any restaurant she's visited. She's also paid for some recipes to try herself.

Today she's with Mahfuz and Fox at The Temple of the Sun also known as The Torreón in Incas. Madina posed for pictures with a smile large as life, if only it would reach her eyes and shine with the usual mirth reserved for only close friends when thoroughly entertained.

"You're truly very beautiful or am I just good at taking pictures?" Fox glared at Madina's Canon Digital Super Diamond IXUS camera in his hands.

"Bruh, do you know how many people love this prettiness? I'm naturally photogenic coupled with beauty. ." She breathed, raising her hands up in a weird kind of style that only fits models and no one else.

"Now we won't hear the end of it for the rest of our stay here." Mahfuz feigned a facepalm while he chilled on a chair watching them with a lazy curve of his lips.

"Rephrase that to the rest of our lives." Fox threw a quick grin before resuming back to his task -taking Madina's myriad of photos.

But Madina wasn't done talking about how Bonny and unequal she is. She is never tired on that topic and they both knew it. Why they triggered her is beyond them. Maybe because they enjoy riling her up?

"Aren't you two humbled to be with me? Let me not boast much about myself but I'm a public figure with so many fans. They literally worship the days I post my pictures." She clasped her hands in akimbo, lips pursed to the side like a stern mother.

"Whoa." Mahfuz quickly swallowed the milkshake he was taking then added in with jeering breathy undertone. "I am yet to meet any of your fans from around here."

Madina thought about it for a second then scoffed, he was right. "Because they don't know how much of a sweetheart I am, that's why. And it is totally fine. Everyone has their opinion on me but does it matter? Absolutely not. I only focus on the good energy."

"Hmm. Which means our boss doesn't know who you really are and that is why he isn't a fan?" Mahfuz detained a smile trying to break out from his lips knowing that will get on her nerves.

There is no one that hates Bilal Hashem Garo like Madina does. In fact, Mahfuz has never met any person that couldn't stand the man but her. He knew there was a past between them and that is what caused this deep animosity. Even Bilal who gets along with everyone seems to not be able to stand a second with her.

What are they hiding?

"Who's our boss again? Yeah. Mr. Garo." She jumped down from a stone and sat down on it with her elbow on both her knees. "You see, there is something about that man ... his eyesight is really terribly bad. I caught him blinking more than necessary days ago and that's how I confirmed it. I always had my suspicions about his eyes but I am now deep-rooted."

"A-re you sure?" Fox asked while both he and Mahfuz doubled over from their positions. Now she's accusing his eyes? Interesting.

"Hundred percent. Just observe him well and you'll see that he needs glasses." She stated in a matter of fact tone, her expression ever so earnest.