12- Sorin

Madina was in a troubled mood that morning when she awoke and got ready to go see Mariam's new house in Asokoro where she's living now with her husband and son. Even the thought of Faheem didn't lighten her mood for the first time.

Stopping outside the daisy cottage-like house, Madina gave a long horn she refuse to let go even as the gateman rushed to open the gates for her. Grumbling after it was opened, she zoomed inside the house her scowl still in place.

Instead of dismounting the ride, Madina sat there inside the car watching the house but her mind was elsewhere. She only snapped back to reality when the oak door was yanked open by none other than her best friend, Mariam Abdou Baldé.

All bad thoughts flee away from her mind, her eyes fell on her godson and then she was literally galloping out of the car. It doesn't matter whether or not she cannot categorize the dream she had earlier since Bilal was featured in it. It is probably a nightmare.

The whites all over the place made her give a double take at the cottage like home. It was just the perfect color for Mariam but a house that isn't a mansion? For her friend that appreciates everything ritzy? She literally worships opulence. This is really galvanizing and maybe even terrorizing.

It is a normal house to say the least but not at all the type Mariam used to live in. Heck, even Madina's house in Maitama is way more extravagant than this. She won't judge though.

After falling in love with her husband, Mariam's life drastically changed from that expensive billionaire to just Mariam and the fucker didn't appreciate her. The thought made a lump thicken her throat but she pushed it back. Not now.

She wants to avenge all Mariam went through, seriously. It doesn't matter whether she's moved on or whether he now worships the ground she walks on. The only thing that saved his ass was Faheem. The bundle of all things beautiful and titillating, his lucky charm.

Her eyes fell on the baby sitting comfortably in her thoughts. Ambling to Mariam's side by the door, she took the baby from her and he was too willing that his mother's mouth slackened. What? She's always been good with babies from the beginning of her life.

"Did he just raise his hands to go to you?" Mariam asked after schooling back her expression. She crossed her arms beneath her chest.

This is not the only time Madina got blown away by Mariam's beauty. She's always thought her to be the most beautiful woman she's ever met in her entire life. Not because she is her friend or she's made her who she was today.

No! Mariam already had Malian blood in her which definitely created that long sable hair that reaches her lower back and ivory skin that's got milk flooding from within her veins instead of blood like any other normal person.

Some might say she is only beautiful because of her fair skin but Madina will always beg to differ. Whether tan, dark brown or even black, she is just too enthralling and gorgeous for anyone to call this woman grotesque. That is simply not true.

Mariam belonged in the realm of goddesses. It was as if nature, having done the necessary experimentation with everyone, had decided to create the piece de resistance.

She had hit the genetic jackpot with her fine-chiseled features, luxuriant swarthy raven hair, and pillowy lips that no amount of collagen could mimic. At five-three, she is not at all tall, just a little taller than Madina but she could model for any brand she wished to.

Giving her friend a cheesy smug smile, Madina rained kisses all over Faheem who giggled continuously like he's been given Valium. His mother stared at him in awe like she's not been granted that sight before this time.