13- Egregious

An unfamiliar chuckle filled the backyard as Adnan Ibrahim Attahir laughed at something his wife said in his ear. It is a sight no one gets tired of nor could they get used to it. A sight where only his wife and children get to see on daily basis, no one else.

Jannah continued talking animatedly in his ears while Adnan listened like there is no other thing he'd rather do for the rest of his life than keep listening to his wife ramble about God knows what. When she finished, Adnan gave her a wolffish, crooked grin that made his eyes shimmer.

She gave him a wink then yawed her attention back to the little crowd around them only to blush when she realized that they were all staring at her. She tucked her hijab to the side of her neck then gave them a sheepish smile. Jannah is shyest person Bilal has ever met in his life.

Adnan took her bifocals from her face and cleaned the lens with a handkerchief he produced from his pocket then tentatively replace it back like he cared not about the people around them. He doesn't. Not when it comes to his wife. It never stopped him. No other person actually matters.

Bilal watched as Jannah gave her husband a heart glowing smile filled with cordial and igniting torridness that made something swell in his chest. He looked away immediately and his eyes fell on Nawal, Adnan's only sister, she passed him a teasing smile of her own.

Nawal is a nice lady with loud mouth who's now happily married with her one year old baby. The first time he's met her, he really wanted to padlock her lips with the most complicated gadgets known to mankind but as he got used to her, he understands her noise.

All he wanted to do was to dematerialize from this once in a while meeting Jannah decided to be hosting in her backyard all the time. He is always the single one hanging around couples only that today Nawal came alone with no baby and husband for a break.

Meandering to his left, Aisha and Ammar were holding one another as she lie down her head supine against his chest while his hands snaked to hold hers in front of them. Another ache penetrated his chest making him feel like an outsider in his own circle.

Stuffing more Nutella embellished puff-puff in his mouth, her gurgled down chilled Coca-Cola while reflecting on his life.

In all honesty, he is tired of his single life but there is nothing he can do about it when fate hasn't decided or ruled out everything. He simply had no other choice but to wait for things to pan out and lead him along the waves. It is tiring, patience. Very very difficult.

While scrolling through his phone, Instagram to be exact -something he was forced to download because of a Senegalese client- a picture popped into his phone making him halt. Wasn't he galloping through his feeds? Why is Madina's face there when he is sure he's never followed her. He doesn't even know her username.

Raising his head, he realize that it was just those popular public figures that Instagram is now fond of adding to your feed in case you want to follow them. He scoffed, he doesn't.

But why did his finger tap on her profile? He tried stopping himself from viewing but he couldn't, not when he's already deep. Seems like he cannot escape the rainbow multicolored gaudy wench. Not yesterday or today and tomorrow when he shall see her at the airport.

Wait, was that excitement in his chest at the thought of meeting her? Is he seriously looking forward to meeting her again tomorrow at the tarmac?

Fuck! Seems like he is damned to his own personal hell without ticket.

Skimming and analyzing through her profile, Bilal realized that she was really regarded with great favor and affection of the public. Don't they know what she does and how she really is in reality? They wouldn't bother spitting where she is had they known a thing about her. Bilal is sure of that.