19- Aerumnous

Aerumnous: full of trouble.

Begrudgingly, Bilal dragged his legs out of the room to go in search of food before his last meeting in Peru. He's looking to buy an electronics company but their PowerPoint wasn't good for the past several years and he is not about to make a deal with such bad business.

Making it out of the room, he expected to see Madina still lying on the couch he's left her on earlier but she wasn't there and no sign that she's been there just hours ago. Brows creased, he made his way to the kitchen to get something to eat when her voice stopped him at the threshold.

She was singing to a Nigerian song but he cannot pinpoint which song she was actually singing only that it sounded familiar. There are AirPods in both her ears so she sang the song word after word like it was her own lyrics. Bilal leaned against the doorframe and crossed his arms while watching her.

Something unfamiliar yet extremely satisfying washes over him at the thought of coming home to this sight every blessed day. The thought made his frown and curse himself mentally but at the same time, he cannot help wondering wha it would feel like to have her.

Yep, because it is hundred and eight percent not possible. I like thinking about infeasible things. They make me stay sane.

Madina pivoted around right then and sighted him standing there with God knows what sort of expression exhibited on his face. Bilal had no idea whether to be embarrassed to have being caught making this a mundane affair or yank her to his chest and have his wicked ways with her for he is just noticing what she was wearing.

The same outfit she's been wearing earlier when she got batshit drunk -wait, why doesn't she have a hangover? The tank top left little to imagination and the short culottes she was wearing stopped a little below her knees showing off ample of glowing mocha skin. He throbbed. Fuck.

Glancing away from her body was a struggle in its prime but he did anyway. His eyes fell on her head which she's used a red scarf to tie close though the wig is still present. Using his thumb, Bilal tried checking out with style whether there was a drool beside his lips. Anything is possible with how he feels right then.

When she gave him a sunny smile? He was sure he's lost it somewhere and he needed a cool bath or in this situation, an ice bath. If the smile she's given him earlier while she was drunk is sublimed and meant to send any man to his early death? Then this one is bewitching ready to ensnare any man that comes into hand and at the moment, it is Bilal.

She removed the mitts from her hands and her AirPods followed next. "Good morning, boss! How was your night?"

Bilal raised a brow at the causality but decided to play along with whatever game she is getting at. "Good morning, Miss Sambo. My night was good. How was yours?"

"Mine was anything but. I woke up with this awful hangover and found out I slept on the couch. I wonder how I ended up there when I was sure I was outside nursing polished wine." She gave him a look of surprise filled with questions in her eyes but Bilal knew the game just like the game owner.

"A stolen wine you mean?" He uncrossed his arms from his chest and stuck them into the pockets of his sweatpants.

In an innocent manner just like she did earlier, Madina's eyes widened. "It's yours? Ah, I had no idea but I was thirsty and the suite was as empty as your head."

"Of course it's mine. We are the only two people in the suite." He murmured the words slowly to irritate her and it's worked but her game is more important so she dropped the scowl immediately.

"Hmm." She tapped her lip with her forefinger then brightened like an idea just moseyed her cranium. "How about you eat my delicious food in place for your wine? I decided to take my thanks from the Rainbow Mountain to cook you breakfast. I mean, even you said it was going to be delicious."