11- Hiraeth

We did it!!! I'm currently listening to Maan Meri Jaan (Afterlife) and I'm obsessed🥹 this chapter???? Is IT💀 Kinda dropped a bomb I wasn't expecting myself. More comments and update go deyyy!

Bilal stood there in front of Madina watching her eyes dart around with recalcitrance and titillation for what she's done. Those emotions were dancing in her eyes but he felt his body electrify with a bizarre volt.

That wasn't a slip-up because he'd seen her walking to the bathroom after she's stopped to glare at his tranquilized form. She didn't like it one bit. Her lips pursed to the side, her graphic eyeliner crinkled by the side.

When she went inside, she poured a glass of red wine which she wasn't going to drink because he knew she never really liked red wines. People do change and he's known her only briefly, she might've changed but then it rained on him with just a tilt of the bottom.

Standing right in her face, he allowed his tone to drip down and cruise through thick poisonous syrup. For what reason? He had no idea but he just knew that his voice needed to sound down-reaching, abysmal and sinewy than it usually is.

"What you did wasn't a misstep, Miss Sambo. You are going to be punished for what you've done, severely. I already told you, I don't take impertinence lightly." He murmured to her face, making sure his breath fanned her there.

The air shifts at the sound of her breathy laugh. Bilal didn't like how it tastes in his mouth, grazed his ears like dulcet sonorous; how it feels in his slacks. Unconsciously, he shifted a little to adjust then narrowed his eyes. Something is going on.

Bilal does not like the idea of not knowing what it was. Intentionally charade, dense.

Madina's insulting guffaw languidly died down but her Cheshire psychotic smile was intact. "And you think I'm ever going to do what you want? You are joking, right?"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Bilal supplied. "I told you to leave the past where it should be. Behind! I am now your boss and I won't hesitate to fire you if you ever make a mistake such as this."

Madina narrowed her eyes at the commination, clearly not liking the way he's just spoken to her. He likes getting beneath her skin, making her feel so far beneath him. That should bring her down a notch or two.

"I don't want to do this because of the decency in my heart..." she paused a bit at the huff that escaped Bilal, then went on dramatically, "...but you're making it hard to look the other way."

He drilled her with an icy stare that didn't falter the defiance in her eyes. "Decency? You associate your insensitive and whorish self as kind? Don't be so bias."

Did she flinch or had he pictured it in his head? Doesn't she like him calling her a whore? Then that is what he is going to start addressing her with if she is going to keep bringing up the past time and time again. Goddamnit.

"I'm not being bias. Whether a whore or not, I have your secrets in my hands. Don't think I won't hesitate to use it against you." She blinked owlishly, anchoring her attention on his every move.

His glare traveled with unnerving thoroughness all over her face, trying to intimidate her but it wouldn't work. It seems like nothing he does could ever really grip her like it does others. Even with his gentlemanly attitude, he is very much feared.

"You very well know that I can make you disappear from the face of earth, right?" He tilted his head, a glowering look in place.

Amusement flicked in her eyes making him grit his teeth but she didn't answer him so he said. "Ha, you don't know. You haven't done your homework about me, Miss Sambo and I'm disappointed. Not everyone knows about that part of me but I thought you would use your brain. I am not a Bringer of Doom just because I'm large or wealthy. Maybe I gave you more credit than you deserve?"