9- Munificence

Singapore.

"I know, I know. You don't need to compliment my coffee. Just take it and leave already." Madina jeered, her eyes roaming all over Bilal's face as he takes a sip of coffee she made him in her suite.

Oh no, it is not a truce or anything near that. Their vendetta very much lives.

The elevator finally opened but it was in Madina's floor where her suite is located. It's either he takes the stairs to the reception, get his coffee and go back up using the stairs or just accept Madina's offer to make him coffee so they can now be even after he's succored her in the elevator.

He accepted even though that wasn't necessary. He wanted to be in her space and see what she is up to since a woman like her wouldn't know how to make a simple tea talk less of coffee. He had no idea she could boil water.

Bilal was astonished to say the least.

Now he is afraid he is going to become very much addicted to her coffee because of how good it tastes. It is flavoursome, fragrant and deeply rich in the buds. The flavors balanced themselves together with sweet, bitter, sour and acidic notes. Nectarous.

She watched him from behind the counter as he stopped by the door leading out of her suite, he was deciding whether or not to leave with just one mug. She refused to say a thing, played with her fingers around her mug as she grinned behind it. Even Mariam used to compliment her coffee. A picky eater.

Bilal finally turned around after much contemplation while she greeted him with large Cheshire car smile filled with aspartame that could give him diabetes mellitus. That psychotic smile of hers always makes him do a double take.

How could something so simple be so serpentine? He'd wondered surfeit of times.

Forcing a smile to his lips, he forced the request through his teeth. "Can I have another mug please?"

Smile still intact, Madina poured him the remains of the coffee and went to give him by the door. He is making her suite fell small so she wanted to stop him from coming back. Passing him the mulberry mug, she pointed at the door.

"Thanks." He grumbled out but left, his eyes on the both mugs he's holding close, guarding with all his attention.

For the rest of the day, Madina hovered around her suite adjusting clothes she shouldn't since they will be leaving in a few days. She's not really into cleaning and orchestrating stuff, this is all very much new to her.

A call came through her MacBook, it was FaceTime from her sister, Misha. The smile that took over her features was genuine, earnest and heartfelt. She rushed to the desk inside her room that is facing the city, answered the call and waved energetically at her sister.

Her sisters face popped in the MacBook earning a grin from Madina. "Hey, sis. Fancy seeing you again."

"Misha! You are glowing. What is the secret?" Madina questioned, not minding the accent her sister used knowing she's been watching British movies.

A gleeful laugh escaped the older sister before she rolled her eyes. "There is no secret to glowing, sissy. When the time to glow comes, you'll also glow."

With Misha's caramel skin, aquiline nose that would've fitted a queen, wide mouth she's taken from their mother and chubby face, she's simply the second finest sister amongst all the Adamu Sambo sisters.

Madina shook her head, not believing her sister. "Nah, don't give me that. What are they feeding you in that hospital? I need a doctor too."

"You'll never change." Misha grinned, rhapsody coursing through her veins while stretching her facial muscles. "Where are you? That place surely isn't any of the homes I know."