The "First Friendship" (Pt.2)

Lloyd POV

I just got home from school and my mom is still at work, so I set my bag down on my bedroom floor and flopped onto my soft bed.

I can't believe I finally got my first friend! She's so nice to me... I'm so happy. And I can't believe she stood up to Chad for me! She even said we are true friends...

I felt butterflies in my stomach and I felt woozy at the thought of Harumi.

Oh my gosh Lloyd are you kidding me! I cannot be in love with her!! She's just my friend, the only one I have! I can't lose her to some stupid feelings..! But... she's so kind... and pretty, and amazing, and confident, and.. I love her..

Ugh seriously? I can't fall in love with her! Harumi is JUST MY FRIEND! I kept repeating that, but I never changed my mind, I did love her, and I couldn't change the fact that I did.

"Lloyd!" I heard my mother shout.

How is my mom already home, isn't it only like 3:30 or something? So I looked at my phone, 8:54PM.

WHAT!? I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT THIS FOR ALMOST 5 HOURS??

I seriously need to get my life together..

"LLOYD?" My mom yelled again.

"SORRY MOM! I HAD MY HEADPHONES ON!" I lied.

My mom opened the door while speaking, "That's fine, but did you eat anything?" She continued, "There were leftovers from yesterday." She said.

"Ooh..! YES!" I shouted awkwardly, "I absolutely did, it was so good!" I emphasized 'so.'

"Are you sure..?" She looked at me suspiciously.

"Yep, of course!" I fake smiled at her.

"Alright... I'm gonna take a shower. Goodnight.. I love you!" She smiled and shut the door.

"Phew.." I sighed glad that she didn't realize.

I still feel bad about lying to her.. but I don't want her to know, I'd rather her think that I'm okay.

Thursday, 2:49PM

"Hey! Harumi, wait up!" I shouted running after her.

She turned around and replied, "Oh! What's up Lloyd?" She asked.

"I-I was wondering.. If uh.." I stammered.

"If what?" She questioned me.

"Ifmaybewecanhangouttomorrowafterschool?" I said way to fast so she probably had no clue what I said.

"Sure!" She smiled.

"W-What.. How did you even under-" I was about to ask her, "You know what! Nevermind, I'll meet you at Chiroshami's Cafe tomorrow after school at 3:40?"

"Of course! I'll see you there!" She smiled and walked to her next class.

I think I'm eternally dying. I can't believe she's actually going with me! I'm so excited! Ahh.. I can't wait..

I smiled and walked to my next class, English.