Friends?

Lloyd POV
Tuesday, 2:20 PM

I just finished English so I guess I should go find Kai because he said he wanted to hang out.

He should be around here somewhere...

"Hey! Lloyd!" I turned around to see the spiky brunette, "Over here!" He waved his hands so I could see him.

"Coming!" I shouted as a ran over to him."

"Took you long enough." He laughed, "Anyways, I was thinking that you and me could maybe hangout.. At Chen's Noodle House...?" He paused fidgeting with his hands.

"Sure!" I smiled.

"Great! Awesome!" He instantly brightened up.

"What time?" I asked.

"I mean.." He nudged my shoulder, "We can always skip P.E.." He suggested.

"I.. Don't think we shou-" He interrupted me.

"It's the last class, and it doesn't even count attendance." He protested.

"Okay..." I gave in, "But I'm not taking the blame if we get caught!" I said to him.

"Fine with me!" He laughed, "Now let's go, before any teachers get here."

Time Skip, 2:46 PM

"Finally!" Kai sighed, "We're here!" He pointed to Chen's Noodle House.

"Great!" I said happily only for my smile to fade, "But we don't have any money..." I patted my pockets to see if I had any spare change.

"Oh, Lloyd! Don't worry about that." He didn't give me the chance to speak, "I've got my ways." He smirked and dragged me into the restaurant.

"Soo... How are we gonna pay again—?" I questioned awkwardly as we sat at a table.

"Just wait!" He insisted, "Let's just say, relationships.. Get me some places." He laughed as a red head girl walked up to our table.

"Hey Kai!" She smiled and then turned to me, "Oh.. That's the new friend you were talking about..." She frowned.

"Skylor.. You can't judge him." He glared at her, "He hasn't done anything wrong! Besides, he's a pretty cool guy!" He smiled as he turned to me.

"Hmm... Alright!" She gave in and smiled at me, "What would you two like to eat?" She turned the conversation.

"I just want a bowl of noodles." He said, "You know how I like them!" He laughed.

"Alright!" She smiled, "And you?" She looked over to me.

"Oh— Um.. Just a bowl of Ramen!" I said awkwardly.

"Great, now I'm guessing y'all don't have money." She predicted.

"Heh..Heh—" Kai cheekily grinned, "About that..." He awkwardly looked around.

"Okay Kai, whatever! But this is the last time!" She rolled her eyes, "I'll be out soon!" She turned around and walked away.

"So you two are good friends?" I tried to start a conversation.

"Friends?" He asked.

"I- I mean I tho-" He interrupted me.

"She's my girlfriend." He smirked.

"OH!" My eyes widened, "Yeah.. That makes more sense." I itched my neck.

"Haha! Yeah!" He laughed and I also did, "Do you have any.. Um friends—?" He asked.

"Oh.." I looked down.

"Hey.. I'm sorry I didn't think it would come out like that..." He frowned.

"It's fine.. I- I just don't.." I looked back up at Kai.

"I mean.. I-If you wanna be friends... Maybe we could..?" He worriedly smiled at me.

"R-Really?" I shot up and put my hands on the table.

"Yes.. Really." He said.

"Then.. I will!" I accepted, "I'd love to be your friend." I smiled.

"Awesome!" He smiled back, "Friends?" He extended his arm.

"Friends." I shook his hand.

"Alright, enough with that." Skylor interrupted us, "Heres you guys food!" She grinned.

"Great! Thanks Skylor!" Kai said as he stuffed his noodles into his mouth.

"Thank you as well!" I thanked her.

"No problem!" She crossed her arms, "Kai, your payment is dropping by my house tonight and spending time with me." She proudly placed her hands on her hips.

"Fine with me!" He agreed and went back to eating his noodles.

Time Skip
Outside The Noodle House, 5:23 PM

"That was fun.. Thanks for taking me here, Kai." I looked over to him.

"It was no problem!" He nudged me.

"Well I gotta get to Skylor's house, see you around!" He ruffled my hair and laughed.

"Hey! No one messes up my hair!" I laughed with him.

"Haha! See you soon Lloyd!" He said, "And here's my number, I gotta go now, bye!" He ran off before I good say goodbye to him.

"I guess I finally have a friend, A True Friend." I whispered to myself and began running towards my home before my mom starts wondering where I'm at.