Confrontation

The figure of the pretty lady stood out from the frame of the door, her slim and robust body, which had created so much admiration and hatred on the part of her congeners. But nothing seemed to reach her, yet it was only a facade that she displayed at the world, internally it was another story. Today, however, she stood upright and proud, to give an example to her daughters that it was always necessary to remain strong in all situations. Her silver eyes roamed the room, posing for a long time on the American whose she could not hide her disgust, his presence displeased her and even more his sexist comments. Her gaze then crossed the eyes of the German who had remained petrified in his corner, near the library. He did not move. He contemplated the French woman who seemed to him so full of life and more in shape than the last time they had seen each other. The fallen country did not know what he had to do, take her in his arms, reject her presence, be happy to see her again or blame her for the unfortunate circumstances of which she had no power to do anything.

The man knew that he should have left this house of misfortune before her arrival, but his curiosity had been too strong and this damned mission that he had to carry out, kept him in this painful position to see her. Why should they look so much alike? Their faces were so similar... Even the expression of their feelings were reflected in the same way on their faces. Their little  wry smiles. Their sparkling eyes with joy. Their long clear eyelashes. Yet,her, she was no longer of this world. A world that had been so cruel and so unfair to her. Which made her suffer even in her last moments of life. While his Grobbuter still existed among the living, burying her own children with sorrow, in their final resting place.

When he woke up, he begged the young man to bring his mother back to life rather than him. To take back this new and unjust life that he offered to him, and gave it to an innocent woman. Against all expectations, the young man had refused, his golden brown eyes glowing like gold struck him, and with a confident voice, he ordered him to remain calm. That this new chance in life was given to him only at the one condition that he repay the sins he had committed. And only when it is time, he will pass into the supreme judgment. Only then will he be able to see those he loved the most. Those for whom he had burned this world with his hatred and grief.

The German knew that too well, that he had become a monster, when he had lost everything and in his mourning he had failed to protect his own children, infecting them with his own hatred, like his own father had done. It disgusted him, no,it loath him to see what he had become in a few years, and that only in the end he had finally understood his mistakes and the atrocities he had committed.

Too late.

Nothing could be the same as before. The fallen country knew that his judgment would be bad no matter what he did to redeem itself. He had gone too far.

The stranger had waited a few minutes for him to recover from his shock, before explaining the rest of his revelations.

- I would like a few things from you. The first is to go to Siberia, to a small town called ...

These thoughts were cut off by the sensation of warmth against his cheek, France had put her hand on it. She was crying. Was it tears of disgust or joy? Was she happy to see him again? No! It was not possible, he had to misinterpret her gesture. Soon she would slap him, he was not worthy of her blood.

"Are you the one, who bring me back my little darling?" She asked him without removing her hand from his cheek, seeking to know if he was actually physically present in front of her. It would have been cruel that he was only an illusion. This man for whom the poor woman had mixed feelings, between hatred and love, it was after all the only child of her daughter Guinevere, who disappeared far too soon from this world. If the past were to be redone she would have done everything to save her.