The man behind the mask

The two men looked at each other, they sat one in front of the other in the kitchen. A silence of death reigned, while they observed, detailing every physical aspect of the other. The masked man laughed, which startled the USSR, who questioned him in a stare. The masked man finally decided to introduce himself.

"I am the father of France and Greece. I am the Roman Empire." He stopped and began to observe the possible changes on USSR but he saw nothing. "Not very talkative, huh?" Continued Roman Empire,while laughing. His laughter echoed throughout the room. A laughter devoid of heat that went straight out from the shadows.

"Who are you really ? It's impossible for you to be the Roman Empire , he died a long time ago.Why did you come here? And what did you do to them?" Coldly asked the USSR without looking away from the Roman Empire stare.

The latter smiled behind his mask and took out a sword he shoved until the sleeve into the table. And with a threatening voice, he said:

"If you do to them any harm, you will pay it with your life."

-Take your knife off the table. France will complain when she sees the condition of her tablecloth and table. Don't worry about it, I love them both, I would never hurt them. The USSR calmly replied, he did not fear the other man.

Roman Empire, laughed again . And decided to answer the questions of the USSR.

"I am indeed Roman Empire I just had to go through a shadow world. I came here to see my last little girl and give her a laurel wreath so she could grow up healthy. And I just carried the incense that put them to sleep, they'll wake up in a few hours."

"Why did you put them to sleep? If you really are the father of France, she would have no trouble showing you our daughter?" Asked USSR who found this man's actions been quite strange.

Roman Empire was quite embarrassed to have to say the real reason that France did not want him to approach one of her children. Just because he had once played with one of them and he had almost dropped him to the ground or the time when he had leaned over the cradle and that an eagle was placed on the craddle. He remembered that France had chased the eagle with a broom and that she also beat him several times for his little joke.

It was above all his pranks that France feared more than anything and that one generates irreparable damage on her children.

So to avoid being discredited in front of his son-in-law, he decided to partially lie by saying that he had had a little argument with his daughter and that he had a tradition of going to see his grandchildren and that he did not like to change his habits.

USSR did not seem surprised by what Roman Empire had just said, he knew that when France was determined in something she did it until the end and she had her principles.
The discussion between the two men drifted on other topics.

"Decidedly, I will never understand my daughter . She takes so much from her mother the same grey eyes and the same character." Concludes Roman Empire, shaking the hand of USSR . He went into the mist leaving USSR alone in the kitchen.