12. Revelation

The boys are now in the living room. After having their dinner in a lively way as usual, they gather around to eat ice-cream together.

It's almost like a tradition for them to have ice-cream for dessert. Eating together after a long tiring day feels the most comfortable as they can be honest and real when they are with each other's company. No camera, no staff, just the seven of them.

While everybody else is being playful and chatty, Sunoo is quietly fidling his ice-cream with a spoon, not uttering a word. He only spoke a few times during dinner.

Jake who has been stealing glances at the quiet Sunoo finally spoke.

"I can't take it anymore." He turned his body to face Sunoo.

"What's wrong Sunoo? What is troubling you?" Jake asked him tenderly. He has been refraining himself from asking questions. And now he can't help but blurt them out.

"He's right. You've been so quiet Sunoo. Heesung hyung told us that you have something to tell everyone. Is that why?" Jay asked.

Sunoo look at them one by one, not knowing how to start the conversation. He slowly place his ice-cream cup on the table to properly ready himself before telling them the truth.

Just then, Heesung hold his hand. "It's okay. Tell us slowly." he reassured. Watching how serious Heesung is right now made everyone uneasy.

"Now you're making me restless. What's going on?" Sunghoon asked.

Sunoo took a deep breath and hold Heesung's hand back tightly. He needed the strength. After bracing himself, he finally spoke.

"Guys... I know I have been avoiding this for a very long time. Everytime you guys brought it up, I always act stupid or try to avoid the questions."

Sunoo stopped. He's collecting the right words to say.

"It's okay. Take your time, hyung." Jungwon responded.

In a shaky voice, Sunoo continued.

"Guys... What if I have to take a long break from the group?" Sunoo asked nervously.

Everyone was shocked by his sudden suggestion. Why would he imply this out of the blue?

"What do you mean, Sunoo??" Jay asked in a loud voice. He was shaken by the absurd suggestion.

"Hyung, what do you mean?" Ni-ki frets.

Everyone gave their full attention to Sunoo. Sunoo who's on the verge of tears, gathered up all the courage that he had left in him to reveal his biggest secret that he's been keeping for more than a year now.

"Actually I..."

The build up tension is making everyone anticipating his next word anxiously. However, the next words that he utter is something that they never expect.

"I have an illness." in a shaky voice he confess.

"My doctor told me that if I continue on with these activities of being an idol, I will have a serious complications in the future." he added.

The tears that he has been holding back from just now, finally streamed down his pink cheeks. While sobbing and wiping away the tears on his face, he continued on.

"He told me if I want to stay with everyone for a long ride, I should stop being an idol for a while..." Sunoo stopped his words to collect himself.

"... And just focus on my health first." Sunoo cried, not caring about what his member think about this at the moment.

He just wanted to cry his eyes out. The thing that has been burdening his chest is finally out in the open. For a very long time he has been careful, he lied, making up excuses just to cover up for this. And right now, everything is falling apart.