19. Admission

After Sunoo finally regained some energy to move, they have decided to bring Sunoo to the hospital without further notice. Because apparently Sunoo is in turmoil. Mentally and emotionally.

"Sunoo-ya, you don't have to worry about anything okay? Whatever you're thinking about right now, they don't matter." Heeseung said this to him as soon they settled down in a private ward room, waiting for the doctor to take his blood test.

"What really matter now is you. And only you." he added again.

They have never seen Sunoo in such state. He is stammering so much on his words, his eyes out of focus and he keep on shaking his legs.

Doctor Lee insisted on running a test on him. He is concerned about Sunoo's mental health at the moment. He is keen on trying to find out whatever it is that triggered him to be in this condition. Because for the whole four years that he had known Kim Sunoo, this is the first.

He witnessed a lot of 'first time' from Sunoo today. And he realized that he is unaware of quite a few things about Kim Sunoo.

Sunoo never showed this vulnerable side of him ever since they met each other. He always act like he is fine and had everything under control. But now, he crumbled and folded so easily in front of his member.

Doctor Lee is grateful and worried at the same time. Grateful that the boys were able to bring out this side of him. But worried of the outpouring emotions that errupted out of him. It shows just how much he has been keeping it to himself all these time.

"C-can we just go back to the d-dorm?" Sunoo asked.

"We have to get you checked first, Sunoo. And then we can go home after, okay?" Sunghoon told him softly.

"B-But what about the company?" his eyes quivering. He can already imagine the chaos that it will bring to their team. Another official statement from the company. And yet another scandal that can be weaponized against Enhypen.

"What did I tell you, Sunoo? It's not for you to think about. Someone else will handle it." Heeseung gently remind him.

"Please, Sunoo-ya." he beg as he hold onto Sunoo's hand tightly. Hoping that his desperate emotions will get through him.

"Please think about yourself just for once." Heeseung pleaded.

Sunoo went silent. He just stare down at his feet.

"Look at me, Sunoo." Heeseung cupped his cheek to face him. Sunoo's eyes are looking dull and lifeless. And God, how much it pains Heeseung to see him like this.

Sunoo's gaze slowly turn teary when he saw the sunken expression on Heeseung's face. His lips trembled while curved into a sad one. And eventually, a drop of tear trickled from his eyes, onto Heeseung's hand.

"I-I won't be coming home anymore, right?"

And just those words alone were enough to sink their heart more than they already is.

Jungwon rushed to hug him tightly. He suddenly reminded of the dreadful dream that he had before.

'I won't be coming home.'

What a cruel and agonizing word those are.

"Hyung... don't say that." Jungwon uttered painfully. He couldn't contain the sadness that he felt upon hearing those cursed words. He let his emotions take control of himself and started to weep as well.

"You will come back, hyung... Believe that you will." he added with a strained voice.

Ni-ki who rarely show anguish emotions, started to express his heartache through his body. He turned his back and slowly crouch down while sobbing quietly.