chapter 7 - Newts soft lips is everything to me

Newt snuck his way back to his hut before Alby was going to wake him up. None of us got that much sleep that night but it was worth it, because we had an amazing time together. In each other's arms, kissing each other. The two of us didn't go further than that, though. Newt was a very respectful man and to be honest, I don't think he was quite ready for that step. Not yet anyway... (smirk) I don't know why but the whole thing seemed to make him anxious.

The next morning, I tried my best to cover up the marks he made, which wasn't easy at all. I walked over to breakfast and spotted Newt eating with some other Gladers including Gally. My heart pounded as I saw him, his eyes closed from fatigue. I grabbed a plate of food and sat across from him.

"Good morning," I said, and his eyes popped open. A smile flashed on his face as he saw me. "Good morning, Love," said Newt. "Good morning, love," said Wade, who had just arrived and sat next to me, trying to speak like Newt. We all gave him irritated looks; no one in the Glade was a fan of Wade.

"Only Newt is allowed to call me that," I told him.

"Why? Is he your boyfriend or something?" Wade questioned.

"NO," both Newt and I exclaimed in unison. Wade shrugged it off, and we all ate in silence after that. "So, how did you all sleep last night?" I asked them.

"Great," they all mumbled, except for Wade. "How about you, Wade?" I turned to him.

"I slept just fine, love," he said. I gritted my teeth at his words. He gave Newt a look, who struggled to keep his eyes open and stay awake.

"How about you, Newt? You seem exhausted," I said, trying to change the subject.

"I didn't get much sleep last night," Newt said, and I tried my best not to blush.

"Why?" Wade asked, but Newt shut him down. "None of your bloody business."

Breakfast finally came to an end, and Newt and I started to work in the gardens. Now that we were together, it was so distracting. The weather grew warmer throughout the day, leading me to take off my jeans jacket and show my grayish tank top. Sweat poured down my body, and it didn't help when I had to bend over to plant tomato seeds, practically shoving my ass in Newt's face.

Newt finally had enough and asked me to get some fertilizer. Then he asked if I remembered where it was, winking at me. It took me a while to realize that he wanted to sneak away with me. I smirked at him and told him I needed help with the fertilizer. We snuck into the woods, but we didn't get any fertilizer. Instead, we stopped, and I leaned back against a tree.

"Why must you be so bloody distracting while we work, love?" he asked as I put my arms around his neck, and he put his hands on my hips. "I wasn't trying to be."

His hand reached up to my face, gently pulling it closer to his. My heart fluttered as Newt leaned in, his lips soft and warm against mine. The kiss was gentle at first, but soon grew more passionate, fueled by the intense chemistry between us. My hands found their way to Newt's hair, running through the soft curls as we deepened the kiss. Newt's arms wrapped tightly around my waist, pulling me even closer to him. We were lost in the moment, forgetting everything else in the Glade.

"Your lips are so soft," I said after a while.

"And you're so beautiful." I couldn't help but feel my cheeks flush with a warm, rosy hue, unable to hide my bashful smile. Not only had Newt called me beautiful, but he also spoke in his thick British accent, making my heart skip a beat with every word he said.

"I could listen to you talk all day," I told him.

"I'm tired of talking," he said, reaching forward to connect his lips with mine. As we kissed, we held each other so tightly that a piece of paper wouldn't fit between us.

He hugged me tight so nothing could come between us. We kissed passionately, our tongues dancing with one another, feeling a strong desire for each other. I wanted him so badly. My fingertips reached the hem of his hoodie, pulling it up, but he grabbed my hands and broke the kiss.

"I'm not ready, Love," he told me.

"I want you, Newt," I said, being honest.

He didn't say anything.

"I'm not ready," he repeated. I sighed, looking down at the ground. I was disappointed, which wasn't fair to Newt at all. I knew that, but I just wanted him. However, I had patience. At least he was comfortable making out and touching me in places, so that was a start.

"Come on, we should get what we came here to do," Newt said, breaking our current position and grabbing the bucket he had put down on the ground. We went to the fertilizer spot, and he bent down to grab a handful of fertilizer, the earthy scent filling our nostrils as he carefully put it in the bucket. "It's exhausting that we have to hide like this."

"I know, love. But Alby will bloody kill me if he finds out," said Newt, standing up again and giving me the bucket. I nodded. He was right, Alby had been strict about this particular rule. "Come on, let's get bloody back before the shanks start asking questions," he said, and we went back to the Glade.