Chapter 16 - Paradies in hell (smut)

As I stood in the Glade, my heart pounded in my chest, a mix of fear and desperation coursing through my veins. I couldn't tear my gaze away from the maze entrance, my eyes fixated on the closed doors that separated us from Thomas and Minho. A heavy silence settled over the Glade, amplifying the weight of the situation.

"Why won't they open?" I whispered, my voice tinged with disbelief. I took a hesitant step toward the imposing doors, my hand outstretched, as if by sheer willpower alone, I could command them to reveal an opening. "Minho!" I called out, my voice echoing through the stillness. "Please, come back!"

Gally, his expression etched with a mixture of frustration and acceptance, approached me with determined strides. His voice carried a rare urgency, driven by a newfound sense of responsibility. "Y/N, they won't open. We need to face the truth. Alby and Minho... they're gone."

The words hung in the air, piercing through my hope like shards of glass. It was a truth I wasn't ready to accept, a reality too painful to bear. I turned to Gally, my eyes pleading for him to give me a glimmer of hope. But instead, I found resolve in his gaze.

"Gally, we can't give up," I implored, my voice trembling with a mix of desperation and determination. "Minho wouldn't give up on us. We have to find a way to bring them back."

A flicker of sadness passed over Gally's face, his voice filled with an unwavering determination. "Y/N, I know it's hard to accept, but Newt is the one who needs to lead us now. He's always been the one to hold us together. We can't let him shy away from that responsibility."

Confusion and frustration welled up within me, intermingling with my grief. I looked around, trying to find Newt. But he was missing, probably gone to deal with this. Newt had always been the backbone of our group, a source of guidance and strength. But the weight of Alby and Minho's absence had shaken him to his core, leaving him reluctant to step into the leadership role.

"No, Gally," I protested, my voice laced with defiance. "Newt isn't ready. He can't handle this. We need someone else."

Gally's expression softened, his gaze unwavering. "Y/N, listen to me. You've known him for a couple of months, I've known him for years. He's strong enough to handle this, believe me."

Gally doesn't know about Newt's past.

"You don't know him the way I do." I told him.

I expected everyone to smirk at each other, since they all had heard me last night. But with Minho and Alby missing and Thomas going in after them - they were all too depressed to care about my relationship with him.

"You're the only one who can convince him. You know we need him." I looked back, that was Winston. I looked around at all the sad gladers. Their desperation for a leader urged me to consider the bigger picture, to set aside my own fears and trust in Newt's strength. Reluctantly, I nodded, understanding that they were right. Newt had to face the truth and step up as the leader, for the sake of all of us in the Glade.

__

The Glade was shrouded in an eerie silence as I made my way towards Newt, his usually composed demeanor shattered by the weight of his grief. I could see the pain etched on his face, his eyes clouded with sorrow. It was time to face the reality that lay before us.

"Newt," I called softly, my voice barely above a whisper. "We need you now more than ever. You have to lead the Glade."

He turned to me, his eyes searching mine, filled with a mix of confusion and despair. "Y/N," he said, his voice choking with emotion. "How can you be so calm? How can you expect me to lead when everything is falling apart?"