Chapter 15 - The morning after

A/N: Sorry for a long chapter lol

I wake up slowly, my eyelids fluttering open to reveal the unfamiliar surroundings of the Glade. The only comforting place in the glade was in Newt's arms. I turn my head and find yourself face to face with the very person I was thinking of.

Newt stirs, his eyes blinking open as he registers my presence. He gives me a soft smile and kisses my forehead, and he brushes a strand of hair away from my face.

"Morning, love," he whispers and kisses my forehead, his British accent husky from sleep.

"Morning," I reply, my voice barely audible, still feeling the remnants of drowsiness. I can't help but admire the gentle lines of his face, illuminated by the soft morning light streaming through the window. I could lie there and stare in his brown eyes forever, but there was a strict schedule in the glade.

My boyfriend happens to be the strictest when it comes to following the rules. He's second in command after all. When we both got out of the "bed" this morning, I realized that I had lost my virginity. Or have I lost it before the maze? I don't know... I paused, and Newt stopped and looked at me. "What is it?" he asked.

"You took my virginity yesterday," I said with a smile. He gave me a smirk and replied, "I did."I could tell he was proud of it. He came up to me and kissed me. Then we went our separate ways to breakfast.

I had hoped that no one would hear me last night. But I was wrong.

As I step into the food area, I can't help but feel the weight of judgment in the air. Whispers and stifled laughter followed me as I stepped in the line for breakfast. The Gladers' eyes seem to linger on me a moment too long, filled with curiosity and amusement. It's as if everyone knows what happened last night.

I spot Thomas exchanging a knowing glance with Minho, and I can't help but wonder if they heard me. They know about me and Newt since his drunk outburst. It makes my cheeks flush with embarrassment. As if being a woman in a place full of men wasn't hard enough, now they really look at me like a slut. I try to maintain my composure, but their stares chip away at my confidence. I grabbed some breakfast and sat next to Minho and Thomas. "Hey." was all i said, they shared a look smiling widely.

"Slept well?" Minho asked.

"Yeah.." I said and that was when they burst out laughing. "Find a way out, yet?" I heard the all familiar british accent say, I turned around, Newt sat down next to me. Minho and Thomas stopped laughing.

"What's the plan for today?" Newt asked Minho, who had his mouth full of bread. He swallowed it before talking. "Me and Alby are going to follow Ben's tracks today. See if we can find where he was stung by grievers." Minho explained. "Why won't you bloody focus on that instead of judging y/n and stop acting like a child and acting like the bloody keepers of the runners?" Newt spat at him. Minho looked at me, who was so embarrassed, I looked down at my food. I felt my eyes getting watery.

Minho went from his laughing self to a softer tone when he finally looked at me and realized it wasn't funny. "Y/N... I..." but as soon as he started speaking, I felt tears streaming down my face. I got up and ran away. Everyone saw me running away, and Newt got up to chase after me, but Minho stopped him. "What do you want?" he snapped at Minho. "Don't do it." "People already suspect that you two are together, pretend like you don't care," Minho replied.

Newt looked at him angrily, but he knew Minho was right. No matter how much he hated it, no matter how much he wanted to go and comfort me, he knew Minho was right. He had to stay away from me for a while now. He hated it so much. Regardless, he couldn't sit next to Minho anymore, so he took his food and sat with Gally and the others instead.