Chapter 10 - I hate Wade

I don't know how it happened, but Wade took me into the maze. Well, technically he forced me in there, since I refused. Then everything got blank. Next thing I know, I wasn't in a maze, I woke up in a hospital room. Shit, I was back at Wicked. I recognized the same room, and all the memories hit me like a bomb again, making me scream. A lot of nurses rushed in when they heard me screaming, they

A nurse brought out a syringe for me and placed it on the skin of my shoulder, which calmed me down a little. I stopped screaming. It wasn't the traumatic memories of my mother's death that drove me crazy. It was Newt. I just realized how much I have betrayed him, how I have lied to him. Exploited him. It was really hard for me to take. I actually love him. Waking up to the realization that I have used him was so distressing that they needed to give me a sedative. It made me feel tired and barely able to speak, which was probably part of the plan.

"Hey!" said a male voice that just entered the room. It was Thomas. In his little lab coat. I haven't seen him in ages. He approached me and cupped my cheek. "It's okay," said Thomas. All I could do after the sedative was shake my head, very lightly. I tried to speak, but it was as if I didn't have the strength. Finally, all I managed to say was "Newt." I said it again. "Newt." Now the tears came as well. "Newt," I said again. Thomas looked at the nurses, who either glared at me or at Thomas. "Who the hell is Newt?" one of them said. "Is that one of the Gladers?" said Thomas. Just then, my dad entered the room. "How is she?" he asked. "She keeps saying Newt," said one of the nurses. "Who is that?" Thomas asked. "Her boyfriend," my dad said, rolling his eyes. Thomas gave me a look. I nodded as confirmation. "What have you done to her?" my dad asked, as if he could see that I was drugged. "She freaked out, so we gave her some sedatives. She can hardly speak. She has only managed to say 'Newt'," one of the nurses explained. My dad walked to the right side of my bed. He leaned forward to get a closer look at me, but his presence was not something I wanted, unlike the previous time. I turned my head away from his gaze and threw myself off the bed. "Y/N!" my dad shouted as I struggled to get up and run away. The nurses and Thomas tried to stop me, but I managed to stop Thomas by pushing him onto the nurses, causing them to fall to the ground. This prevented my dad from reaching me. I ran out into the hallway, having no idea where I was going. I just wanted to go back to Newt. That was the only thing I knew.

Drugged and disoriented, I raced through the labyrinthine corridors, desperately searching for an escape route back to the Glade. Behind me, the sound of heavy footsteps and urgent voices echoed, indicating that the security guards were hot on my heels. Panic surged through my veins, amplifying my determination to find sanctuary.

As I sprinted, my senses dulled by the sedative, my eyes caught sight of an open door to a seemingly quiet storage room. With a surge of hope, I dashed inside, closing the door behind me as quietly as possible. The room was dimly lit, shelves lined with miscellaneous supplies, providing ample hiding spots.

I pressed my back against the door, attempting to steady my breath and slowed my racing heartbeat. The hazy fog of the sedative made my head swim, Which made me want to sit down. Leaning my back against the wall for support, I closed my eyes for a moment and slept myself until the drug stopped working. I dreamt about Newt.

__

I was nestled in Newt's arms, our bodies comfortably intertwined. The soft glow of a bedside lamp illuminates the room as Newt delicately flips through the pages of a beloved book. His soothing voice fills the air, reading each word with care.

As he reads, I rest my head against his chest, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat. The sound of his voice washes over me like a gentle lullaby, calming my mind and heart. With every turn of the page, I become lost in the enchanting world of the story.