Chapter 1 ~ no choice ~

Nate was sick to death of being hounded by the press, it came to something when he couldn't even visit a sick friend in hospital without the paparazzi following his every move

Nate was sick to death of being hounded by the press, it came to something when he couldn't even visit a sick friend in hospital without the paparazzi following his every move. What the hell was Win thinking when he let his friends talk him into going skiing. He had gone on vacation with his family and apparently they had bumped into some old friends who decided it would be fun to go messing about on the slopes after consuming copious amounts of alcohol.

Win should have known better but it was too late to worry about that now. The doctor's said he would be out of action for several months while the bones in his legs healed and strengthened, they added that he was lucky to be alive. Nate had to go and see JJ the manager to update him so they could decide where to go from here.

At 26 years old he was half of Thailand's hottest trapeze act, he really enjoyed his work and he enjoyed people praising his talent after all, it took a lot of effort to maintain his physique, fly and catch on the trapeze but he could do without all the invasive media attention.

Climbing into his car he drove away from the hospital quickly and made his way back to the circus grounds where he would be safe. The circus had it's own rules and those rules made it difficult for strangers to roam about freely although the carni's couldn't intercept long lenses.

Nate pulled up outside the office of his manager JJ and approaching the door he gave two sharp knocks before walking in.

JJ Forth had graduated as an engineer then somehow found himself designing rigging for the circus. After meeting and falling in love with a cute little circus rigger named Bar Vitranaphon he had decided to stay on and after several years he had found himself in the unenviable position of manager.

"Nate it's about time, what's the latest new's?" JJ asked.

"we're screwed boss or at least I am, Win's going to be stuck in hospital for weeks and even when he does get out he will have to undergo months of physio. They didn't say it but I got the impression they think he might never be able to fly again?, of course I didn't tell him that" Nate replied.

"we're not quite screwed yet Nate, don't be so pessimistic" JJ said.

"what are you thinking JJ?" Nate asked.

"I've been looking into recruiting this guy, he's been all over the world apparently but he does his act's on tv shows and in clubs and the likes, his name is Thana Sibyasakun, have you heard of him?" JJ asked while waving a sheet of paper.

"yeah, I've never seen him though but there's one big problem boss, he's a rope act" Nate said.

"come on Nate, you're the best there is, you can teach anyone and this guy, he's not green. He's already in the air, you just need to teach him how to fly and be caught!" JJ replied.

"what do you have on him?" Nate asked.

"just a few bits, his height, weight, that kind of thing, he's very private" JJ answered.