Chapter 17 ~ JJ and Bar ~

The week passed quickly and soon it was time for the grand opening of this season's Sumaiko Circus. There were stalls where visitors could play games and try their luck to win giant cuddly toys, hook a duck and shooting games, card tricks and fairground rides, bumping cars and a big wheel and the smells of satay, skewers, hot dogs and burgers permeated the air.

In the big top they had a variety of acts including the beautiful ladies with their arabian horses. They didn't use any other animals in keeping with modern regulations and JJ wouldn't have it any other way. He made sure that his horses where pampered and looked after and anyone caught doing otherwise were fired immediately.

JJ decided to take a walk around the grounds with his long time partner Bar. JJ had been hired by the old manager of Sumaiko in designing a certain type of rigging for the circus and it was during that time he had met Bar, the head rigger. They'd had to work together because of JJ's design's though at the time they hadn't got on well with each other.

Bar didn't trust an outsider who knew nothing about circus rigging and safety issues even though JJ was a qualified engineer and as a consequence they'd had many disagreements until Bar realized that JJ knew what he was doing. He refused to use materials of a lesser quality and cut any corners.

Tonight was the first night of Nate and Thana's high flying act and from all accounts it proved to be successful. Thana would also be doing a small act on his silk's. JJ knew that something was going on with those guys, he was far from stupid but so long as they did their work he didn't mind. 

How the hell had he landed himself with this job, he was an engineer for god sake, still, there was a constant stream of engineering jobs that he needed to keep on top of what with the maintenance of the rides and the generators. It was the admin' that he hated the most, he was more of a hands on kind of guy.

It wasn't a bad life he supposed and he'd willingly chosen it to stay beside Bar who loved circus life and had refused to leave even at the cost of their relationship. It was times like this when he could afford to take a little time out that made everything worthwhile.

They were strolling round checking out the stalls when they bumped into Nate and Bar asked him to take their picture with his phone. Nate handed the phone back to Bar and asked them where they were headed.

"we're just taking a couple of hours break" JJ said.

"everything is ready for your show later Nate, the guys just need to put the net in place when the other acts have done"" Bar confirmed.

"good, it feels a bit weird without Win but we're going to be ok" Nate said.

"have you heard from Win, how's he doing?" Bar asked.

"Alex told me he's started physio and he's ok, a bit fed up but he appreciates it's his own fault" Nate replied.

"how's Thana, is he nervous?" JJ asked.

"he's good JJ, he's a professional after all" Nate replied.

"so, what's going on with you guys?" JJ asked and Bar elbowed him in his ribs.

"nothing yet, we're just focussing on the act but after the season I want to ask him to be my boyfriend, scrap that, I want to ask him to marry me" Nate corrected.

"shia man, that's serious! how has it gone from you not wanting to work with the dude to wanting to marry him?" JJ asked.

"do you even have eyes JJ" Nate asked then continued,

" he's beautiful inside and out, he's not at all what I imagined" he said.

"hope we get an invite to the wedding then" Bar added winking.

"don't say a word to him though, I don't want you two scaring him off" Nate said.

JJ and Bar laughed simultaneously and then Nate said he would have to make a move, it would soon be time for their act.

"we'll be over to watch Nate" JJ said and bar smiled at him.

JJ and Bar looked at each other and smiled.

"soooooo, we're going to have a circus wedding" Bar said.

"it looks that way" JJ said throwing his arm over Bar's shoulders.

"come on, let's head over there and see them in action" he said.

___

Thana and Nate were both getting ready in the tiny tent they called a changing room, Thana was applying make up and eye liner and Nate thought he looked so hot. Nate added a little make up and they both donned their costumes.

They wore unitard's covered with hand applied sequins in fiery tones and they were so tight they left little to the imagination. Nate didn't really like Thana showing his physique but at least most of his chest was covered.

The pair had become a lot closer since last week when Nate had met his mother. He still felt anxious about Thana's plans and if he was included in them. As much as he wanted them to have a future together, he couldn't force the issue.

They had made love many times since that night and for Nate, it was one way he could show Thana just how much he cherished him. The rest of the time they spent practicing, sharing meals and watching movies in bed.

JJ was right, how had it gone so quickly from him not wanting to work with Thana to becoming obsessed with the guy. He remembered the first time they had met and how the guy's beauty had taken his breath away.

They were called out to the ring and both took deep breaths.

"are you ready baby" Nate asked Thana.

"as ready as I'll ever be" he replied.

They both strutted out into the centre of the ring where they bowed to the audience, north, south, east and west and then they threw off the capes they had on their shoulders.

Nate went to one side of the ring covertly checking the net as he went and Thana went to the opposite side doing the same. When they were both happy that the net was secure, they chalked their hands and both began to climb to their boards.

When they reached them, Nate made dramatic movements as he pulled his catch bar over, placed both hands on it and propelled himself forwards. When he called, Thana mounted his bar and for the next fifteen minutes he performed several different aerial tricks whilst being caught by Nate.

The act went beautifully and they both somersaulted down to the net to the uproarious cries of the crowds then while Nate continued to bow to the crowd, Thana went to the side to take a drink of water before reappearing and they both made a big drama out of removing the net.

Nate stood back then and allowed Thana to be in the spotlight. He clapped his hands twice and two streams of red cascaded from the top of the rigging. Thana took the silks and pulled on them testing they were secure and then he moved his body rhythmically around the bottom of them before beginning to climb.

He gyrated his body around the silks as he executed certain poses, free falling a few feet then catching himself as he did before, he moved with effortless grace. Nate had never seen anyone, not even a woman who was as stunningly beautiful as Thana in his eyes.

He was so proud of him, he looked stunning up there and very sexy, he would definitely be showing him how much he cherished him later! 

***

~ if you enjoyed it please vote ~