Chapter 12 ~ Franco ~

"Nate,   Nate,   help me,   mum don't leave me,  come back"

Nate woke to the sound of Thana talking in his sleep, he was still laid in his arms and Nate could feel dampness where Thana's tears had wet his vest. He rubbed his shoulders and back gently as he tried to wake him from his bad dream.

"wake up Thana, it's ok, it's just a dream, wake up" Nate said as he kept rubbing him and planting kisses on top of his head.

Thana stirred then gave a little jump before looking up at Nate, his eyes filled with tears and a little shock to find he was in Nate's arms but the sadness dominated every other emotion as he threw his own arms around Nate, sinking his face back into Nate's chest and sobbing.

"come on Thana, everything is ok, don't cry baby, come on" Nate said trying to comfort him.

Thana seemed to realize what he was doing and pushed himself up and out of Nate's arm's. He pulled his vest up and wiped his eyes with the bottom of it before starting to climb out of the bed.

"I'm so sorry Nate, it was just a bad dream, I shouldn't let it get to me at my age, you must think I'm an idiot" Thana said as he shimmied to the other side of the bed only to be pulled back by Nate's arms once more.

"I don't think that at all" Nate said as he held Thana secure with one arm and tilted his face up with the other hand under his chin.

Nate leaned down and kissed Thana tenderly on his lips then let him go.

"go get washed up while I start breakfast" and Nate climbed out of bed to do just that.

When Thana came out of the bathroom, Nate went to get a quick shower and then they both sat down to eat.

"Nate, I'm really sorry about earlier" Thana said to him as they ate.

"don't worry about it Thana, you should see me when I have a bad dream, I'm a wreck!" Nate told him trying to make his feel at ease.

"may I ask you a question Nate?" Thana asked him.

"yeah, sure, you can ask me anything at all" Nate replied.

"why do you keep kissing me?" Thana asked then went bright red.

"I told you when we went to my apartment in the city Thana, I am deeply attracted to you but then it was just about sex, now, I am halfway to being in love with you" Nate answered him honestly.

"you should find someone else Nate, when this job is over I'll be leaving to go where more work is. I've never been in a relationship, I don't think I would be any good in one either" Thana said.

"didn't I already tell you several times I won't let you go Thana, let me decide if your any good for me or not and whatever problems you have, let's face them together" Nate suggested.

"what about when Win comes back?" Thana asked.

"JJ and I already know that the prognosis isn't very good Thana, the doctors say he may never fly again" Nate told Thana.

"I'm really sorry to hear that Nate but the thing is, this trapeze work, it's only temporary for me. I made someone a promise many years ago that I wouldn't fly again and I'm already breaking that promise for money. I just hope that person forgives me" Thana said while staring intently at his rice bowl.

"you really think I can just let you go as if we never met?" Nate said then continued.

"no, no way, I refuse, it's never going to happen Thana and the sooner you accept it the sooner we can move on, don't you even like me, just a little bit?" Nate asked him back.