Chapter 15 ~ keeping mum ~

Thana walked down the corridor towards his mother's room and Nate walked beside him still grasping his hand. He was really angry with Nate for following him but this was the kind of crazy thing he'd become used to since they met.

In a way he was glad that Nate was there but when he thought of all the years he had struggled to keep him mothers secret then just by allowing someone to get a little bit too close, this happened. 

Nate was tenacious and very over protective and to be honest, after so many years of being alone, Thana kind of liked it. This new turn of events was scary, he just hoped that Nate could be trusted to keep his secrets.

They soon reached his mother's door and Thana took a deep breath before going in. He turned to Nate and spoke,

"Nate, she doesn't know who I am so don't expect too much" he said before turning the handle and walking in.

"hello mum, I just popped in to say hello, no flowers for you today though, I brought my friend to see you too, his name is Nate" Thana said to his mother.

"Hello auntie, we're not friends though, he's my boyfriend" Nate corrected while wai'ing to the beautiful woman who was sitting by the window in a wheelchair.

Nate was captivated by the lady's beauty, he could certainly understand why Franco was in love with her. He could see where Thana had got his looks from.

Both boys pulled up chairs to sit beside the patient and Thana asked her what she had been doing since he last saw her? It seemed there was nothing wrong with her memory, she knew he had been visiting her all this time but she just didn't recognize him as her son.

"well, I've been sitting in the garden when the weather was nice, I did a little painting. My Thana likes painting" she replied then got a little bit sad,

"he never comes to visit me, he must be in school?"

"yes, he must be" Thana said.

"what are your favourite flowers auntie?" Nate asked.

"clematis and honeysuckle I think are my favourite, my friend does the garden here and he takes me to sit by them" she said smiling.

"is that what you paint then?" Nate asked.

"sometimes, yes" she replied.

"I'd love to see your paintings sometime" Nate said.

"mum, what did you eat for dinner?" Thana asked

"well, I had some pasta with a mushroom sauce, it was lovely" she replied.

"that sounds nice, is there anything you want me to bring you next time?" he asked.

"can you bring my son to visit me?" she asked, her eyes wide.

"I'd love to but as you said, he's always in school but he send's his love, he loves you very much" Thana replied, his eyes tearing up again.

"mum, we'll have to go now but I'll come and see you again soon" Thana said.

"we'll come again soon auntie" Nate corrected

"it's really was a pleasure to meet you auntie" Nate said as he wai'd and after Thana managed to get a tiny hug he pulled Nate from the room. 

Once in the corridor, Thana leaned up against the wall and took a few deep breaths. Nate pulled him into his arms and rubbed his back. 

"your mum is lovely Thana, thank you for letting me meet her" he said.

"I didn't really have much choice did I" Thana snapped back.