Chapter 2 ~ if your so famous, why? ~

After the initial shock of seeing Thana for the first time, Nate took his hand to greet him and ignored the tingling sensations as their fingers touched, he had a firm, confident grip. Nate smiled back inviting Thana to take a seat again.

Nate pulled up another seat beside him and decided to ask a few questions.

"so, Mr Sibyasakun why would a world famous artiste such as yourself want to grace our little operation?" Nate asked, 

"please, call me Thana" he replied before continuing,

"I would hardly call it little but I have my reasons which are kind of personal, at the end of the day we're all in the same line of work here, you need a temporary flyer, I need a job, I don't see why we can't help each other out?"

"that's a little vague isn't it Thana" Nate began before JJ cut him off.

"Thana, you'll have to excuse Nate, he can be a bit of a dick sometimes, he's had a long day today what with visiting his friend in hospital among other things" JJ said trying not to scare Thana away.

"I didn't take offence JJ, please do not worry" Thana said before turning to face Nate in the chair beside him,

"Nate, you may have heard that I am a very private person, all you need to know is that I am available to help the Sumaiko Circus, JJ here and also yourself, if you'll have me? No doubt you already know that I work on the ropes but what you probably don't know is that I also fly but it's been a while so I will need a little practice especially since I will be working with a partner, what do you say, shall we give it a go?" Thana asked.

Nate was put on the spot, he couldn't really say no without looking like a complete asshole, he had no choice but to agree but it was against his better judgement. He wasn't sure this arrangement was going to work but if he didn't agree, it made him look like the bad guy.

Thana turned back to face JJ and while they were talking terms, Nate couldn't help but observe Thana, every movement he made was fluid and effortless, every expression was exquisite. He couldn't help comparing him to Win but where Win was tiny and cute, Thana was tall, slim and yet muscular, his actions almost regal.

Nate was frustrated with himself for inadvertently placing Thana on a pedestal, ok, so he was stunning, that didn't necessarily mean they could work well together. Nate wondered what Thana would feel like in his arms, he wondered what it would be like flying with this angel, he wondered what those lips .....

"so what do you think Nate? ... Nate?"

"sorry JJ, what was that?" Nate said realizing that JJ was talking to him.

"I was just telling Thana here that maybe you guys can start practicing this week but first we'll have to find him somewhere to bunk down, ah, you've got a spare room in your home haven't you Nate, that would work out seeing as you'll be partners?" JJ said.

"yeah, I have but it's not been used in a while, it need's a good airing" Nate said trying to dissuade JJ from pushing ahead with his idea.

"yes JJ, I can go to a hotel" Thana said.

"nonsense, we can't have one of our top acts staying in a hotel indefinitely, Nate, it will only be for a while until I find somewhere else for Thana" JJ prompted.

"ok, ok is that all then?" Nate replied.

"yep, so you get settled in Thana, get some rest and just start practicing in a day or two and thank you for helping us out at short notice. I'll make sure your first months pay is sent direct" JJ said holding his hand out to shake Thana's