Chapter 10 ~ flying high ~

Nate and Thana arrived back at the circus by mid morning, it was turning into a lovely day with little to no breeze so Nate messaged Bar and asked him to get the guy's to set up the rigging outside with a safety net, they would take their practice to the next level today.

They both went to Nate's mobile home and changed into their exercise gear and Nate encouraged Thana to wear a vest  to keep his muscles warm, well that was the legitimate excuse he gave, the second and real reason was that he didn't want everyone gawping at Thana's body. The costume's they would wear in the act were one piece leotards with sequins. 

They both made their way over to the practice area and began warming up while the rigger's were still working and when everything was ready they both walked around double and triple checking everything for safety, tightening ropes, pulling nets, making sure everything was secure.

The rigger's didn't take offence, you could not check enough in this line of work, after all, safety was paramount. They both taped up their wrists and fingers and after chalking their hands they climbed up to the board. 

Nate instructed Thana on the routine he wanted him to do and to listen out for the call then he pulled the fly bar over and used it to ferry himself across to the catch bar. Thana had to admit that Nate was a brilliant trapeze artist, he was strong and capable and made the flyer feel safe in the knowledge that he could catch them with ease.

Once Nate was in position, Thana pulled the fly bar over and took a few deep breaths. Their earlier practices had been closer to the ground, this would be the first practice  at a substantial height. Thana was not afraid, on the contrary he felt excited but there was an underlying sense of guilt.

One last deep breath and when he heard Nate call, he propelled himself forwards forcing his legs out to gain some height then he adopted a neutral pose before sweeping his legs back. Soon he was swinging to and fro and waiting for Nate's call. 

Nate had tried to get him to wear a safety harness for this first time but Thana was confident he didn't need it, soon Nate called, 

"hep"

and Thana left the fly bar executing a simple twist before being caught by Nate's hand's, they both flew before Nate called again and returned Thana to the fly bar.

Then he did a knee hang and again Nate returned him to the fly bar with ease.

They practiced these tricks a few more times before they both mounted the board and climbed down for lunch. After lunch they began again, this time performing a few cutaways. Nate was going to have to eat his words, Thana proved to be a skillful flyer and it would seem that they were going to be able to pull this off.

When they both grounded themselves they discovered that they had acquired a small audience and as usual everyone came over to pat them on the back and tell them how great they looked up there. Nate noticed Thana blushing again and smiled to himself at how adorable he was. 

Thana turned his head when someone called his name, it was Franco so he walked over to the old guy who was standing several feet away from the others. Franco hugged Thana and patted him on the back.

"you looked amazing boy, your parent's would be so proud of you" Franco said.

Tears pooled in Thana's eyes as he thanked Franco and neither of them noticed Nate silently watching.

"can we have dinner some time Thana, I'd like to talk to you, somewhere more private?" Franco asked.

"yes, of course we can Franco, in fact I'd like that very much" Thana said.