Chapter 18 ~ Win & Alex ~

Nate and Thana's aerial act had been running for a few weeks now and the news of their success had reached Win in hospital. The doctors had told him he could go home soon but he would have to keep coming back for extended physio' treatment.

Win decided he would go and see Nate's new act and have a look at the guy who had stood in for him. He'd been hearing so many good things about the new guy, he couldn't deny he was a little bit envious but very curious.

Alex, his boyfriend had been wonderful through all of this. He had taken care of him and stayed by his side even in the darkest of times. Win knew that Nate had been really angry with him for his stupidity and he deserved his rebukes.

Surprisingly though, he wasn't really heartbroken at the prospect of never being able to do trapeze again. He had enjoyed his stint and it had been a great way of keep fit, the best in fact and he had made life long friends in the circus world but he had other dreams he wanted to chase.

He absolutely loved cooking and baking and he wanted to maybe write some cookery books or host a cookery channel or even invest in a cozy coffee shop serving his Thai food and deserts or all of the above. 

Alex had never really liked him doing trapeze, he wanted him on the ground beside him. Alex worked in media and that's how they had met, he had been writing an article about the circus and he had gone to see their act then introduced himself to Nate and Win and he hadn't been able to take his eyes of the tiny, cute boy.

Alex had been jealous at first thinking that Win and Nate were a couple but after getting to know them, he had discovered that even though they were good friends, Nate had his own personal life in the city so eventually Alex had asked Win out and the rest as they say was history.

He had been angry with Win as well for drinking and then going skiing but the damage had been done. There was little point in making Win feel worse than he already did. He figured it had been a tough lesson in life, he just wished he had been there at the time but unfortunately he hadn't been able to go due to work commitments.

Win had gone with his younger brother and a couple of cousins. His mum lived in the US with her new husband though she had flown back to Thailand as soon as she had heard the news. They were going to let him go home this weekend and Alex was looking forward to having him at home with him in his apartment.

He wanted to go to the circus and see everyone and Nate's new act that everyone was talking about so Alex was planning to take his on Saturday.

___

Friday soon arrived and saw Alex picking Win up from the hospital. Win couldn't wait to get out of the place. He felt as if he had been in there for years but he was extremely grateful for all the care he had received and everyone had been so kind.

Alex picked him up easily and placed him in a wheelchair to transport him to the car and after saying his farewell's to all the nurses and Doctors they left the ward then not long after he was in the car and belted up as they set off to Alex's apartment in the city.

Win felt so great to be free and alive, he would never make such a stupid decision ever again. He would be eternally grateful to Alex and hoped he could make it up to him in some way.

They arrived home and Alex carried him inside their building. Win had his own place but because of the situation they had decided that he should move in with Alex permanently, they'd always had every intention of marrying at some point so the accident had just pushed it forward a little.

Win couldn't be happier to be with his Alex in their lovely home and he couldn't wait to see all his friends tomorrow and Nate of course. 

Saturday teatime arrived quickly and Alex placed a wheelchair in the boot of his car and Win's crutches. Win could walk a little but Alex didn't want him over doing it. He drove them out to the circus and they parked up. 

He got the wheelchair out and lifted Win into it then gave him his crutches to hold and off they set. The first person to see him was Bar and a few of the riggers, they all made such a fuss of him, a few telling him what an idiot he was. If he had a Thai Baht for every time someone scolded him, he would be a millionaire by now. 

Next, JJ ran out of his office and it was the same again, greetings then admonishments. He met a few more friends and then they made their way over the Nate's mobile home. Alex knocked on the door while Win stood up from his chair using his crutches.

The door opened and Win saw the most beautiful man he had ever lain eyes on, even Alex was lost for words for a moment. 

"Hi, we're looking for Nate?" Alex said and Win nodded.

"he's in the shower, please, come on in" Thana said.

Thana was chilling in shorts and a vest, it would soon be time for their act after all. Win and Alex couldn't help checking him out. It wasn't long before the bathroom door opened and Nate came out.

"baby, I can't find my ..." Nate was saying before he saw Win and Alex sitting on the sofa.

"Win, hey and Alex, what are you guy's doing here?" he smiled whilst walking over to greet them properly.

"I got out yesterday Nate and asked Alex to bring me so I could see this new guy you've been performing with, I've been hearing great things" Win said.

Nate looked over at Thana and Thana's face was as red as a tomato. Win and Alex noticed Nate looking at Thana and followed his gaze. They also noticed Thana's embarrassment.

"wait, are you Nate's new partner?" Win asked.

"yes, my name is Thana Sibyasakun" Thana said holding his hand out to the cute little guy.

"crikey, your so tall and handsome" Win said shaking his hand.

"I'm Alex, Win's fiance" Alex introduced himself.

"Thana" he replied, wai'ing

Nate took a small blanket from the back of the sofa and tucked it around Thana's legs

"someone is getting jealous" Win smiled cheekily.

"I'm just taking care of my baby" Nate lied before making a pot of tea for everyone.

Win had to sit through a few more reprimands from Nate and then he talked about his future plans.

"it's time for me to move on Nate but I'll never forget the times we had, it was the best, how could it not be when that's how I met my man here but you know how much I love cooking, it's what I want to do now and it seems you have fallen on your feet with Thana here" Win said.

They promised to get together for dinner sometime and Win told them both he was going to stick around to watch the show but then they would have to dash off because it would be time for his medication and physio.

There were hugs all round and Thana was glad that he'd finally been able to meet Nate's old partner. That night after another successful show, Thana was lying in Nate's arms in bed.

"I like Win, he seems like a nice guy and Alex too" Thana said.

"I'm still angry with the idiot though but what's done is done" Nate replied.

"I think he's probably punished himself more than anyone else ever could" Thana continued.

"yes probably, but anyway you do realize you have no excuse now don't you" Nate said.

"what do you mean" Thana asked.

"Win is not coming back, there is no reason for you to leave" Nate stated adamantly.

Thana looked up at Nate, his heart filled with hope. Perhaps they could make this work after all. Perhaps he could stay here with Nate and earn money and remain near his mum too?

Perhaps finally, fate was on his side?

***

~ if you enjoyed it please vote ~