Chapter 21 ~ the V.I.Ps ~

Life for Nate and Thana settled back down after their major argument but now everything was out in the open they were able to sit and talk things through. Nate apologized for his angry outburst but also stood by his convictions.

They could finally begin to make plans for their future and along with Franco as a trusted adviser they could think about what was best for Thana's mother. Franco was happy they had included him, he had been there from the beginning, his loyalty was without question.

Thana had never felt so happy, he felt that a huge weight had been lifted from his shoulders. One afternoon, the three of them had been to visit his mother and they enjoyed a wonderful afternoon in the garden.

The weather was beginning to turn now and Franco brought Nathalia's shawl from her room to wrap it around her shoulders making Thana and Nate looked at one another and smile. Franco went off to bring some refreshments and Nate left Thana alone for a while so he could talk to his mother.

"I've been thinking mum, how would you like to leave this place and come to live with Nate and I?, Franco lives near us too so you would still get to see him" Thana said.

Even though Nathalia didn't recognize Thana as her son, she knew he had been visiting her for years and she trusted him as a good friend as well as Franco.

"would I still be able to paint, you know how much I enjoy painting" Nathalia asked.

"yes mum, in fact we will build you a studio, how about that?" Thana promised.

"if I come to live with you, my boy Thana might be able to visit?" she said.

"he might mum, you never know but you know, if you think about it, you've been staying here for many years and your boy was twelve the last time you saw him, I imagine he's a bit older now? he might even be about the same age as me?" Thana mildly suggested.

Nathalia pressed her fingers to her temples as if thinking was hurting her head. She scrunched up her eyes and Thana became concerned that he had said the wrong thing.

"would he? I can't think straight?" she said.

"don't you remember the photographs I used to show you mum?" Thana asked.

"yes, there was Thana, ha you two even have the same name, isn't that weird?" she said.

"it is mum, it sure is" Thana said.

he decided he better leave it for now and they talked some more about her coming to live with them. He told her they had two homes, a lovely apartment in the city and a smaller home on the grounds of a circus where they both worked.

He decided when she did come to live with them it was better not to let her see them working as it might be a trigger. Everything would work out fine, Franco had discussed things with JJ so next season he would work during the day and sit with Nathalia at night while Nate and Thana did their act.

Saying their goodbyes, the three of them went back to the circus grounds, Franco went back to his caravan and Nate and Thana had a light snack before preparing for their final show of the season.

While they were in the changing tent they were unaware of the commotion outside, a small fleet of cars had pulled up near JJs office and a man and two women had got out, they were flanked by bodyguards.

JJ welcomed them and greetings were made before they requested to watch the show so JJ escorted them over to the big top where he found them the best seats he had. Soon Nate and Thana began their act, everything went perfectly and as usual, Thana completed their double act with his solo on the silks.