~ epilogue ~

After the circus season ended, Nate and Thana went to stay in his apartment in the city so that they could hunt for the perfect penthouse apartment which was big enough for an art studio, a rooftop garden, a gym and a high ceiling room where they could install rigging for practicing and separate living quarters for Thana's mother.

They finally found the perfect home and just when they were going to put a down payment on it they discovered it had been paid for by Nate's parent's as a wedding gift. Nate also purchased a decent car for Thana which made Thana feel extremely guilty because he didn't have the funds to buy something nice for Nate.

All Nate wanted however was Thana and that was gift enough in itself and while they waited for the penthouse apartment to be made ready, they also purchased two larger mobile homes and had them remodeled into one very large one and they had decking constructed all around the perimeter. 

A small art studio was constructed out back and Nate had Franco design a flower garden around it to make it private from the rest of the grounds, everything would be ready for the following spring.

While they were off season, Thana wanted to find a few part time jobs but Nate wouldn't let him. He told him the day's of struggling were over and he only needed to work if he wanted to but in truth, Nate wanted to keep him barefoot and chained to the bedroom. Thana called him a chauvinist but Nate just laughed.

He told him he had worked enough for now and he should take some time to just rest. They both went to visit Thana's mother before setting off on a cruise for several week's and they were married in Europe. They would have a small blessing in Thailand with all the family, the following spring.

The cruise doubled as a holiday and a honeymoon and if Thana had a womb he would have been very pregnant by now, such was their ardor. Their happiness was contagious to everyone around them and when they returned home they spent their days adding finishing touches to their new homes and their evenings cuddling in bed.

The following spring, arrangements had been made for Thana's mum to move into the newly furnished and constructed penthouse. She was so excited especially with her studio and when the time came for them to move on to the circus grounds, they all went happily.

Nathalia had started having flashbacks sporadically which began when they moved onto the circus grounds, maybe it was the sounds, the smells, the whole atmosphere. A memory would flash in her mind but as quickly as it popped in it would be gone. 

Just before the circus season began, the weather was glorious and Nate's parents had arranged for their marriage to be blessed on the grounds of their vast home. Everyone was invited, JJ and Bar and Alex and Win who had his own restaurant now and offered to make a selection of Thai deserts for the buffet.

Thana's mother took Franco as her plus one and so many other guests arrived to offer their congratulations. Nate's sister and her friends still kept trying to flirt with her brother in law much to Nate's chagrin and Thana blushed profusely to which they all commented how charming he was.

Nate's father still hoped that one day his son might take over the company but for now he was proud of his achievements and Thana was a lovely young man, all he wanted was for his son to be happy and there was no denying that Thana made him so very happy.

Two Years Later

Nathalia and Franco were dating and she was preparing for her first art exhibit. Her memories had been coming back slowly and she now knew that Thana was her precious son. She was still in a wheelchair but she didn't need painkillers as much and Franco made her feel beautiful regardless.

She kind of remembered Thana's dad and even though she had seen pictures of him, it felt like she was looking at pictures of someone else which was probably a blessing.

Nate and Thana were still very happy and preparing for their fourth season together. They still used a safety net, Nate would nag Thana all the time about safety.

JJ and Bar were finally engaged themselves but to be honest, they already felt like they were married anyway.

Win had gone from strength to strength with his foodie ventures and he and Alex were still living together.

It was a glorious evening and Franco had organised a massive feast for all the circus crew and rigger's. They dragged all the tables out and set them in a long line, Italian style beneath the tree's.

It wasn't for anything in particular, just because they could and Franco played some soft Italian music on the circus sound system. Win and Alex came because he was still a part of their little family. Win was delighted to meet Thana's mother but was advised not to mention anything that might trigger her memories.

Everyone in the circus was protective of her and Thana was almost brought to tears when he thought of all those years he had struggled alone. He had come so close to ending things with Nate when they had argued over her care but fortunately Nate  hadn't let him dwell on the negative and they had worked through the issues together.

Thana looked around at everyone, people were talking, laughing, eating and drinking and kids were running around playing, JJ was in trouble with Bar for something but they wouldn't argue, it was just their way. Franco held his mum's hand and she chatted and laughed with everyone. 

Nate walked around with his camera taking pictures of everyone and soon he was zooming in on his beloved. Thana's eyes filled with happy tears as he looked at his husband, how had he got this lucky. 

These were the moments to cherish, the love of family and good friends, bonds that would never be broken, yes they might disagree from time to time but when push came to shove, they stuck together against all odds.

Nate placed his camera down and asked Thana to take a walk then they strolled around the grounds, the sounds of chattering, laughter and soft music becoming distant. Somehow they ended up in the big top, both holding hands and looking up at the rigging.

This was where Thana's life had ended and this was where his life had begun again.

They both turned to gaze into each other eyes before Nate spoke,

"I love you Thana"

"I love you too Nate"

and they both kissed each other and when Nate drew back he picked off a white feather that had fallen on top of Thana's head.

"I'm so glad you came to me Thana" Nate said,

"perhaps it was fate?" Thana said taking the feather from Nate's fingers and twirling it.

He popped it into his shirt pocket and taking his husband's hand he said,

"come on, let's get back to the others" and they set off back to join their loved ones, hand in hand.

~ The End ~

***

~ if you enjoyed it please vote ~