Pt 1

I never thought I'd end up being happy. Let alone being happy with someone. I also never believed in love at first sight. I thought when people talked about being in love it wouldn't feel how I feel. And that's true. There aren't words that can accurately describe how and what it feels like to be in love. Now that I have this kind of love it feels like I'll never have enough time with them. No time on earth is enough time. But again, it hasn't always been this way.
Let's go back to before everything changed

"Do you think this looks good?" I said looking in the mirror analyzing everything about myself in the three mirrors in front of me.
"Y/n whatever you wear will be fine can we just go?" My sister say's impatiently as if I didn't watch her try on different outfits for the last hour and a half.
"Yeah just give me a second to change." I sigh while taking one final look in the mirror unsatisfied with what I see in front of me. I never really liked the way I looked as I was always compared to my sister growing up. She was tall, skinny, has long blonde hair, blue eyes, and always popular. She's the one who stood out in the crowd. We don't have a good home life but the way she presented herself no one would know that. My own parents gave her all the attention and I was just the other sister. My own looks aren't too bad but I always felt like I was less than. I'm not very tall, I'm not super skinny like her, I do have curves but I don't see it in a good way, I have brown wavy hair, and hazel eyes. In my own eyes nothing about me sees extraordinary.
"Can you carry some of this stuff it's getting like super heavy." She says to me while already handing me stuff before I can respond.
"I told you we should've got a cart so we wouldn't have to carry-" she cut me off before I could finish my sentence. Very typical but I don't want to start an argument so I just roll my eyes.
"Hey did you hear about that band coming into town? Oh my gosh they are to die for Im going to try and see them tonight with the girls."
"No I don't know what you're talking about but you told me you'd cover for me to babysit the neighbors tonight remember? I have studying I have to get done." I said annoyed that she always disregards me.
"Yeah well this is important so just put the kids to bed early or something and study then. They are only preforming tonight and tomorrow so I'm going. Figure it out."
I'm upset but not surprised. It's partially my fault for believing she would help me out for once. We check out at the store and get into the car. As we are driving home we see there is so much traffic. We live in a pretty big city so there is usually traffic but this time there is more than usual.
"You see that y/n? That's where I'm going to be tonight. Desperate girls are already lining up." She scoffs as we pass the arena in my city.
I don't pay much attention to it though because I'm stressing about everything I need to get done. Hopefully I won't have to babysit too late because I want to pass this test so I can get a job and move far away. Anywhere but here and start as a new person. My own person where people see me as me and not in the shadow of someone else.
We get home and she is already getting ready for this concert. I hear the music from her room and it's actually pretty good but I'm rushing to get my things together to go over and babysit tonight. It's only a few blocks away so I'm just going to walk there. I put my sweater on, grab my headphones, backpack, and put my shoes on.
"Bye everyone I'll be back whenever I'm done" I said to no response as I leave the door.
It's colder outside than I thought as the sun goes down and I regret just wearing jean shorts, an old band t shirt and light sweater but I'm too far into my walk to go back. I put my headphones in and listen to my music while I walk to just distract me. I get to the condo and the parents tell me they won't be back until midnight. Great. Can't wait to sit in their condo for hours. I start making dinner for the kids. This is a rich family and I can see all the way around the city in here which is nice. I look out and see that same arena as it's now more crowded than before. I didn't even think to ask who was preforming but they must be popular if so many people are going. I give each kid their plate and sit down with them while we talk about how their day went. Although I'm annoyed and stressed I have to be babysitting right now I do love being around the kids so it's not too bad. When they finish eating we play hide and seek for a bit and then I get them in their pjs and we watch some tv. I see the kids start to doze off so I carry them one by one to their rooms and turn the tv off. I still have to be here for three more hours. I begin to study while I hear the muffled noise from the concert happening not far away. Two hours in the noise finally ends and I feel like I can finally study in peace. Another hour goes by and the parents finally come home. They ask about the kids and pay me and I say goodnight and leave. I'm pretty tired and ready to go home. I put my headphones back in and begin to walk in the dark. The only light is coming in from the street lights and the businesses around. I look down at the ground while kicking a rock along the way. Before I can react four boys walk in front of me coming out from a restaurant and I knock right into one. I gasp because I wasn't expecting someone to be right in front of me. He drops his left overs on the ground as they spill out. It felt like the world stopped for a moment.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry I wasn't paying attention I should've been looking ahead of me and I wasn't I'm really really sorry" I say rushed as I get red from the embarrassment of it. I didn't even look up at him right away because I was focused on getting the food off the ground.
"I'll buy you more food or something I don't know I'm so embarrassed" I say covering my face as it gets all red.
"No no no it's okay really don't worry about it. You didn't see me it's fine." He says with an unfamiliar accent which causes me to look up at him. He grabs my hand gesturing for me to get up. His hand is strong and big compared to mine. He has a slight smile on his face. He holds my hand until I'm up standing again and we just look at each other for a moment. He hasn't let my hand go yet and I'm not pulling it away either.
"C'mon Tom let's go the club is right over there we wanna go" another boy says to him. After another second he looks back at them.
"Okay just give me a second" he tells them as he looks back at me. I'm brushing the dirt off my legs from being on the ground and blushing because of the boy in front of me.
"Are you okay?" He asks me concerned. I look back up at him to respond and I can see his eyes doing a full body scan on me. All the sudden I get self conscious and try to cover myself with my arms.
"Yes I'm fine again I'm sorry really." I say quickly.
"You don't have to keep apologizing..." he looked at me like I wanted to finish the sentence but couldn't.
"Y/n my name is y/n" I tell him.
"Y/n" he says smiling.
"Tom we are going to leave without you." Another one of the boys says louder.
"So go then" he yells at them still looking at me.
I begin to feel flustered and my heart starts beating faster. He's so handsome and I don't know what else to say or how to even look away.
"No you should go with them I don't want to keep you from a good time I should get going anyways." I tell him even though I could stay here just looking at him for however long he was willing to look back.
"Yeah I should probably go with them shouldn't I?" He asks me and I nod my head at him. I take one last look at him and he licks his lips and it makes me smile.
"Well have a good night. I'm sorry we had to meet like this." I said laughing a bit as I begin to walk.
"You too y/n. Im just glad we met at all" he says and I smile again.
I start walking away again and put my headphones back in with a big smile. As Im walking away I feel that strong hand grab mine again and I turn my head.
"Wait y/n do you want to come with me?" He asks excitedly.
"I wish I could really I do but I'm not dressed for a club and I should probably get home." I said and I watched his smile fade a bit.
"Well at least can I have your number?" His smile perked up again.
"Oh yeah you can here." I had him my phone trying to play it cool but I'm really freaking out inside because I can't believe this is all happening. He hands me my phone back and the contact is saved as Tom and a heart emoji. I smile and he smiles back.
"I sent myself a message so I know it's you y/n" he tells me.
"Okay it was really nice bumping into you...literally I guess." I tell him smiling.
"I'll text you again later if you don't text me first y/n" he says walking backwards towards where he's going.
"Okay have a good night" I tell him with the permanent smile I now have on. He winks at me and walks away and I start walking back to my house. I turn around one last time to look and see he's still looking at me. I wave goodbye and be both head out separate ways.

Sorry if my grammar is bad lol pt 2 coming soon!!