New Home

Sensing the carriage stopped, my eyes flew open and I bolted up from laying on Talia's lap.

"It's alright..." She whispered combing my hair back.

Blinded by the early sun, I turned to see my Uncle Edward looking at me with a  concerned look.

"God...you must've slept in fear for your entire life, haven't you?" He asked but I just ignored the question.

"You have no idea," Talia whispered, brushing my hair behind my shoulders as the guards open the carriage door open, and Talia walks out before helping me down.

"Bienvenidos a la Casa del Rey Gerardo." The guard says.

When I step onto the concrete, I hear whispering come from the Dukes and Ladies standing beside the stairs. The palace was high upon the hill overlooking the town, it's many pointed towers giving it the look of an eccentric crown. The walls were a white stone that glistened in the summer sun and the roof was grey slate. My uncle stood beside me, walking me to the King and Queen of Spain.

"Gerardo, it's good to see you, old friend." My Uncle said as he heads up the steps and hugs the King.

"Good to see you're still growing old, Edward. The beard suits you." He laughed.

Glancing back down at Talia and me, King Gerardo's wife, Queen Lillian smiles down at me.

"You must Eliana...it's a pleasure to meet you." She whispered.

"Queen Lillian, you as well. I've heard many stories." I added.

"Come in. We'll give you a small tour."

~

After a while, they had shown us the ground floor before we stopped in front of the throne room behind King Gerardo.

"This is the throne room...where everything happens, literally."

The room had entirely white walls with gold crowning along the edges. The dark wooden floors lining up and down the room, leading the way up to the royal throne sitting just steps above us. Curtains were drawn, letting the rising sun beaming through the windows.

"Do you have a library?" I asked.

"Eliana." Talia hissed.

"Yes, we do. Do you like books?" Lillian asked sweetly.

"Very much..."

"Lady Adrianne, would you show Queen Eliana where our library is." She ordered.

"Of course." 

Following Lady Adrianne, I looked back at Talia and my Uncle before turning the corner.

~

Holding a hardcover book in my hands, I held it close to my chest as I roamed the halls in need of a view to enjoy my book. Many Noblemen and women smiled and bowed as I walked in the throne rooms, before continuing their conversations.

Turning the corner, I gazed up at the beautiful portraits hanging on the walls. Past Royal families decorated the hallway I stood in, many of them joined by their children and relatives as they seemed to have followed everyone's moves as they walked this hall.

Standing in front of Gerardo and Lillian's portrait, I continued my way down the hallway when I harshly bump into someone, dropping my books all over the floor.

"I'm so sorry, I di-" I gasped bending down to the ground.

"No, it's my fault. I wasn't looking..."Gazing up at me, I quickly gathered my books, when I felt him staring at me.