For King And For Country

King Henry's POV

"You do know Mary is bastard born right?" Catherine says.

"What are you saying?"

"Mary is going to get the throne because she is Scotland's Queen. Eliana is the rightful heir to the throne, she won't get it, unless the Pope un legitimises Mary Stuart." She says.

"...So you're saying.."

"If you continue with Francis and Mary's engagement...you lose England. If Eliana and Francis wed, there is now way, you can lose England. Not from their rightful heir.."

"Guard!" I yell.

"Yes, Grace."

"Where are Francis and Eliana?"

"Francis is riding, sir. While Queen Eliana.."

"What?" Catherine urges.

"She has left court...with your son...Bash."

"Since when!" I yelled.

"...A few days ago."

Eliana's POV

After leaving the castle, Bash and I were being chased by the King's guards through the woods on horseback. We road our horses into a large clearing, wide enough for us to run our separate ways.

"This way, Eliana, quick." He says.

Looking up at the huge gaping hole between another part of the land, I jolt my horse back from the large body of water below us.

"We're trapped. There's no way around."

"We have to go back. The king's guards..." I say, looking behind me.

"Will intercept us. We'll never outrun them in the woods anyway."

"We'll be captured and dragged back to French court. The king wants England; he won't give up. If we're found..."

The king's men are catching up to us quickly, the hooves of the horses sound like they have arrived.

"Get down, quickly. I'm going to get you back to Scotland." He says.

"How?"

"This way." I hear a guard yell.

Bash starts taking off his heavy armor and sword.

"Bash, what are you doing?"

"Just trust me. Can you swim? This is the only way out." He whispered guiding me to the edge of the cliff.

"Are you mad? We'll never survive it." I say.

"You can do this."

"Stop! In the name of the king! Seize them!" The guard yells.

Looking behind us, Bash grabs my hand and we jump off the cliff, into the water.

~

3rd Person POV

Back in the castle, King Henry and Guards go into a frenzy searching for Eliana and Bash.

"We've checked every outbound ship from Dunkirk to Bayeux, Your Majesty. The Grecian Queen and your son must still be in France, but..."

"They didn't just disappear. Bash has many talents, but magic isn't one of them. Find them! Go." The King orders.

"They've been gone for more than a week. You'll never find them. Francis is back from his own search. I tell him it's pointless, they're long gone, but he persists." Catherine says.