Monsters

Eliana's POV

"Here's your tea, Your Grace." The servant set the hot tea and a few cups in front of the table for me.

"Thank you, Julia."

I continue reading my book in the library when I hear Francis' voice coming down the corridor.

"My father is having her as a guest Mary, it's final."

"When did they ever decide on that Francis?"

"Seems like both of you are really enjoying the royal life.." I whisper, sipping my tea.

"So any servant can become the Queen for the day? I don' remember this tradition." She asks.

"That was because we were children. I think my mother hid it from us for a while. My father welcomes the temporary Queen in his own way."

"In his bed?"

"If the girl that finds the bean in a slice of cake happens to be pretty, she wears my mother's crown; the finest clothes and spends the day ordering servants around. By dawn, she has a hundred buckets of gifts, but she's a servant girl once more."

"A true fairy tale ending." I whisper.

"Do you think that's even possible Eliana?"

"Well, when I was younger and I stay- I'm sorry I shouldn't have said that.."

"No please..continue." She said, feeling somewhat uncomfortable.

"Well, when I was younger, Catherine gave that same opportunity to Lydia..she got to wear her clothing and crown. It was fun for her Mary...every girl, even servant, should be able to have that pleasure."

"Fine. If you will excuse me, I will be in my chambers." Mary said.

"It's a traditional I always hope to avoid. Especially when Diane de was here. To watch my father jugging a mistress, my mother and the bean Queen.. Bash and I always fled for a hunt." Francis said, when Mary turned the corner.

"It's all right to miss him even though he angered you. Well, at least the bean gives them something new to gossip about. It's the first time in weeks no one's pestered Mary about giving you new heirs." I say.

"Perhaps I should pester her then?" Hey says, leaning towards the cup of tea.

As I read my book, and Francis sipped his tea, Kenna came in the library with a man.

"Eliana, Greer's ready to present him to you now."Kenna says.

"Who?" Francis asks.

"Lord Julian; Greer's fiance." She whispers.

"Thank you, I'll be right there."

~

"Such a gorgeous cake and they're not even going to eat it." Greer says, as I come in from behind them.

"We should send the loser a consolaton prize. What do you think?"

"He arrived two days ago. Isn't he adorable?" Kenna whispers to me.

"They've had some talks and Greer said he's quite nice."

"and quite rich. Why can't the King find me a husband like that?" She says.

"We've been here a year, yet we're rotting on a vine."

"Lord Julian, may I introduce you to Her Majesty, Eliana; Queen of Greece. And her ladies, Talia and Lydia." Greer says, when she sees me at the entrance.

"Your Majesty, it is an honor."

"Lord Julian, it's such a pleasure to finally meet you. I hear that your family's from Hungary."