Left Behind

Eliana's POV

Standing at the edge of the balcony, Catherine and I watched as France's best men followed King Henry out of the castle while the trumpets were being sounded.

"I don't see Bash. Isn't it the custom for every able-bodied man to ride to war with the king?" I asked.

"Oh, it's not war. Just a minor display of temper by some peasants. Our Sebastian's probably out riding at the front with the king. Men must find something to kill from time to time." Catherine said.

"It's a pity they can't live harmoniously like women."

"Harmoniously? Like you and me?" I asked.

"Oh, I was thinking more of Mary and Olivia. What a sweet, generous girl she is. She and Francis can't keep away from each other, and Mary just takes it in stride."

"Francis and I have an understanding," I told her.

"Oh, yes. The promise you made to Mary about making sure she's wed to your first love..."

"Oh, stop it, Catherine. I loved Francis...but I married someone else. It's been almost 10 years since."

"Well, that's exactly what I mean. Knowing that another girl is winning his heart, you just soldiers on, telling everyone you're here for Mary. You have no idea what is in Frances' heart. But I know Francis is not the sort to bed a girl that he doesn't love," She said stepping closer to me.

"I'm just pleased that you've made room for a girl who stole your crown, just as I made room for Diane. But the difference between us...I would've killed Mary in her sleep." Catherine whispered sinisterly.

"It's Francis and Mary's life...after their wedding, to which I will make it happen. I'm leaving, and you and France will never see me again." I added.

"I wouldn't be so sure...this is your home. It always has been, you were meant to reign here."

"I'm Greece's, I belong to them now. Forget the past..."

"Fine then...but should you know, Olivia is just another part of my plan." Catherine said before leaving.

Hearing the trumpets blow again, I watched and stared as the men were continuing to leave the castle.

Catherine's POV

"Olivia," I whispered.

"Your Majesty."

Bowing, the girls she was speaking two had left us in private.

"A few comments if you don't mind."

Looking at me, her turned to see if any one was around be I spoke.

"First, well done on getting my son into bed. But now you need to keep him there. If you want to be the Queen of France..." She said.

"You want me to be Queen of France. I just wanted him back. Unfortunately, he loves someone else." She said.

"You can't know that." I whispered.

"How much detail would you like? When our passion reached its limit, he called out a name. It was not mine." Olivia said.

"Hmm."

"Accept that I've lost. I have." Olivia whispered.

Staring at her, she looked out the window. All I could think of was Eliana getting in her carriage to Greece, losing the most important part of my plan.

3rd Person POV

Playing around in Francis' chambers, Charles and him are play fighting with gold forks, while Charles' nanny watches on.