A Chill In The Air

3rd Person POV

"That language that you spoke..." I knights men said to Bash.

"I told you, it's nothing. It's just an old dialect." Bash responded.

"It's pagan or Druid-"

"It's nonsense, but the vagrants in the woods believe it" Bash interrupted.

"Vagrants? Is that what those were? And Colin?"

"They used him as a sacrifice. Now you know why the woods aren't safe." They all look up at the woods, were the birds chirped, and horse neighing.

"Stop! Stop!" Bash yelled.

"Woah!"

"Stop! What are you doing? Damn near got yourself killed!" The Driver said.

"The... the river's gone over with the rains. The whole road's flooded up ahead." Said a young man.

"That so? Is there another way to the castle?" He asked.

"Sure. Just cut through the woods. It's about an hour due north. Ain't likely to miss it... Stay out of the road, do you hear? Next time, you may not be so lucky." The driver yells.

"Oh! Oh! I can't move!"

"No, no!" The driver grunts.

"What is that?"

"Lumenick dushkader." A man asked.

"Et sprago faraha. Shh. Ay raynim doluchtai."

"Are they gone?" The driver asked.

"I'm sorry. My leg, it's stuck. I'm so sorry." Said a man.

"We have to run. I'll get help." Olma said, running to her horse.

"Don't leave me." Whispered Theresa.

Metal rattling came from deeper in the woods, as 3 shadows came closer to Theresa.

"No, please don't hurt me." She cries.

~

"I'm glad you came to see me," Mary said.

"Yes, well, I thought we should discuss where we are with one another." Said Francis, as he stood in front of Mary.

"All right."

"With the borders quiet in Scotland, my father and his advisors seem pleased that our alliance remained intact... our... our engagement, as well. And seeing as there are no political decisions..." He said.

"Please just stop. I was hoping we wouldn't talk any more of politics. Since the borders are secure, as you said. I was hoping we could be just..."

"Just a girl, as you called yourself once? And just a boy. Well, a man, nearly. Go on... woman." Francis joked.

"All right, then, I will."

"If I were just me, Francis, not the future king of anything, and you were just you, Mary..."

"Mary." She said, squinting her eyes.

"Well... this would be the moment that I declared myself yours." She said again.

"Only yours." She said, stepping closer towards Francis.

"And I'm yours," Francis hesitated.

 "Truly," Mary whispered.

"And once I did that, I'd probably invite you to the Harvest Festival."

 "And I would probably say yes." She said.